Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to robman50

Re: Whats the easiest distro for an WinXP user?

I'll toss another vote in for Mint. Since 2000 I've used all kinds of Linux but I could never find one that could work every aspect of what I need a Windows machine to do. In June I tried Mint and I like it so much I rarely boot to Windows. Should you decide to use Mint make use of the Software Manager where you can search for all manner of programing that will, for the most part, install itself which makes using Linux fairly simple and fun. One big hurdle that pushes Linux into the mainstream is Flash and Shockwave are now usable. For an experiment I sat my wife down and told her to do everything she does on a computer. She had zero problems and she's not very tech savvy (but I love her anyway).
--
#5 Orange won a tough, tough game down in Arkansas. Great game for our new kids to play like Coleman. Next up on Monday 12/3 Eastern Michigan.

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada

Mint with Cinnamon is the obvious choice as long as the comp can cut the cheese. Otherwise, LUbuntu might not be a bad idea.

Personally I'm running LMDE with XFCE but I wouldn't recommend that to a n00b as a primary desktop OS setup.