Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium Member
join:2004-09-11
San Diego, CA

Edrick

Premium Member

Cisco UC320 and SPA525

Does anyone know if it's possible to pickup (create an intercom call basically) phone to phone when a page is initiated.

I have a customer who their existing analog PBX they hit page all, all the phones pickup they say whatever they want to Steve can you pickup. Steve grabs the closest phone and it creates a one to one call now.

Is this possible with the UC320 and SPA525?

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

2 edits

Da Geek Kid

The feature is called intercom or paging system...
which I believe is supported on UC320 ... Hmm, and I guess SPA525 does as well...

wow some digging on the intrawebs suggests that if you are on a call and let's say your office mate initiates a page, your convo will be placed on hold and you would have to pick up your call again to continue. This is by design as the paging is set for emergency, interesting.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium Member
join:2004-09-11
San Diego, CA

Edrick

Premium Member

The problem I ran into was I know you can initiate a page to a singular phone as described for a two way call or you can intercom to all phones. However the current panasonic digital system allows you to intercom to all phones and say Hey Joe pickup and joe grabs the nearest phone and it initiates a call between the paging person and the person who picked up.

However it now seems they'll have to say Hey Joe call 202 as the phones dont tell you where the page is from nor do they let you pickup the headset and initiate one to one.

So I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this.