share rss forum feed
« [Embarq] help e3200Business Class »
This is a sub-selection from New DSLAM!

LFHC

join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA
reply to Nemesis158

Re: New DSLAM!

I dont think that they do anything like that. As far as the number of free pairs in the cable im sure there are enough to do bonded otherwise I doubt they would even offer the bonded connection. I thought the underground lines in my area were very old but one tech I talked to said they are fairly new because they used to be strung on poles then they put in new cable and everything went underground.I asked him if there was a lot of free pairs and he said there is a whole lot left to be used.

Nemesis158

join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA

Thats the thing. I know there is enough cable coming out of the riser box to get a bonded line, in fact there are 2 cables that i assume have a total of 7 unused pairs coming out of the riser box. (each cable has 5 pairs, one has 2 used and the other most likely only 1) however, that doesn't give me any info regarding what kind of availability there is in the deep bundle

LFHC

join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA

Im not entirely sure. But I think its pretty standard for the main underground cable to have a large number of pairs I would say 50 to 100 maybe more depending on the number of houses that were there when everything was first planned and the cable was put in the ground. Really though I dont think theres any reason to worry about it, if centurylink plans on expanding new services to your area then they will make sure everything is in place to deliver the service to everyone