Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
reply to travelguy

Re: [Connectivity] New SB6120/6121 Firmware Released

Having been one of the early testers, I can't say that it did a whole lot plus or minus for me. I wasn't seeing the constant reboots reported by others before or after. The only problem I continue to have is the missing middle uplink channel. That may or may not be on the CMTS side.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

I see no difference between the two.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to travelguy

I get that T4 missing uplink channel even after the update as well but its only once in a while after a reboot. Another quick reboot corrects it.

travelguy

Santa Fe, NM

said by Mike Wolf:

I get that T4 missing uplink channel even after the update as well but its only once in a while after a reboot. Another quick reboot corrects it.

What's strange for me is that I don't see the T4 errors. I do see a T3 error on the reboot before the correct time is established. That may be related. You would think missing one out of three channels would have an effect on the uplink speeds, but I'm getting 7+ mbps.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

Kinda makes me wonder just what its all doing.

travelguy

Santa Fe, NM

said by Mike Wolf:

Kinda makes me wonder just what its all doing.

Based on the release notes, 1068 was designed to allow modems that were in a constant reboot mode mode because of noise on one channel to lock that channel out and operate at a reduced capability.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

I meant the 3 upstream bonded channels if only 2 (or even 1) gives the same results