mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to nick_vw

Re: how to get bell to fix my line?

It's exactly that kind of situation that eventually drove me to get Cable internet. And, Wow! I just wish I'd switched earlier on.

Not everyone can get Cable internet though. In your case, at least the rain also degrades the POTS functionality, so you can keep calling Bell in over that. If they've already replaced the neighbourhood distribution trunk, then.. did they also replace the little pole-mounted connection panels too? The old ones were probably a combo of aluminium and rust; the new ones look like black plastic.

If you've still got the old rust monster on the pole, then plead with the tech to try and get that replaced as well.

Cheers

nick_vw

@teksavvy.com
all new boxes on the poles, they are down at eye level now. it must be the buried drop under the driveway, not sure if they'll do a temp. line across 50 feet of driveway or not, looks like the original was laid before the drive was paved.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by nick_vw :

all new boxes on the poles, they are down at eye level now. it must be the buried drop under the driveway, not sure if they'll do a temp. line across 50 feet of driveway or not, looks like the original was laid before the drive was paved.

That's an idea. Even if you can just persuade them to try it as a temporary "debugging" measure, and wait for the next wet period to see if it helps or not.