how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

Cogeco

It will be interesting to see if Cogeco can bring their Canadian pricing model to the United States or if they will have to compete. Having seen reports here before about their lousy caps and high overages, it makes me wonder if that is innovation they want to bring to the United States. I feel for the people in their new service area...
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

osravens

join:2011-01-26
Cumberland, MD

I'll get to see firsthand what happens. Considering the competition through most of the ABB footprint is Verizon DSL only, I'm very, very scared.

It is officially on their website that they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Cogeco now, and they never update their web site. There's no new news updates since 2009 when they started carrying the Big Ten Network in the Western Pennsylvania region (except here).

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

said by osravens:

I'll get to see firsthand what happens. Considering the competition through most of the ABB footprint is Verizon DSL only, I'm very, very scared.

Having family in friends in Canada, I have seen firsthand how bad their broadband options are. My sister lives in Rogers territory and a friend lives only a few km away from her in Cogeco territory (Oakville). Funny thing is Cogeco did some line maintenance work on her house when Rogers was having labor issues. Rogers apparently contracted them to handle service calls.

The sad thing is if Cogeco does manage to impose Canadian style restrictions on their service offerings in the U.S., other U.S. providers may follow seeing they can get away with it.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.