how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

So... my mesmer has hit 80 and right now I'm just clearing some more zones for free exotics. Not the most efficient way to get $ but I don't really feel like zerg farming with her (things die before I can get a clone/phantasm off).

Straits of desolation was such a pain to complete. The mobs have HUGE aggro radiuses and spawns very quickly. I'm doing the lower zones now for relaxation.

I'm feeling a little lost on what to do next though. Besides farming and map completion (100% map completion might be a goal but honestly sounds boring, running around cities to tag POIs, and the gift of exploration will be useless to me since I can't put in the time to farm a legendary). I don't like PvP either.

Right now I'm contemplating leveling another toon to 80 for zerg farming, so I can get the vision of the mists. I already have a warrior at 63 but everytime I fight the risen I get sacked with a ton of conditions, so I am comtemplating either a guardian or elementalist. You guys have experience on either of those two?

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by puppy:

I already have a warrior at 63 but everytime I fight the risen I get sacked with a ton of conditions, so I am comtemplating either a guardian or elementalist. You guys have experience on either of those two?

I have a guardian at 38 now after going up 7 levels yesterday. Had a blast. If you're looking for zerg farming in Orr the guardian is not a bad way to go, they make great tanks / healers and have many "remove condition" skills you can grab. I've seen Youtube videos of guardians successfully taking on level 80 champions in Orr single handedly...they're very hard to kill with the right build.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to puppy
Max your 2 crafting to 400.

Get a full exotic set. For spec 1

Get a full exotic set. for spec 2 (at least in warrior you can run a full power set, or full bleed set)

Explore, do PvP, WvW(I know you don't like it)

then... make your gear look pretty. By either dungeons (transmute) or legendaries

FARM FOR GEMS... gold for gems

and upgrade account wide things like bank storage, or toon specific things like # of bags, these will carry over FOREVER.