spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lrscpa

join:1999-08-26
Demarest, NJ

Verizon Live TV iPad App works away from home network?????

The CEO of our company brings me his iPad. He switched from Cablevision to FIOS a few months back. He showed me the FIOS TV App functioning in the office. At first I thought he was just streaming recorded content, but he then chose the CNBC Squawkbox, and the time on the screen matched realtime.

Would this be possible on our corporate wifi or his 3G service? I wouldn't think so...

brownk

join:2000-06-08
Katonah, NY
Mine loads the thumbnails at work, but if you try to actually load the live stream you get an error message saying that you need to have FIOS service. Is it possible that Verizon is the internet provider for your corporate internet and that's why it's working?

troyh72
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Keller, TX
reply to Lrscpa
I have an iPad 3 with Verizon LTE, I just tested, and it did not work. I also have an LTE MiFi, and tried tethering over it, and it did not work either.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
reply to Lrscpa
It will work at other "FIOS TV" houses. So strictly speaking it doesn't have to be your "home net" just a FIOS TV net that you have access to. I HAVE tested this and it worked.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
I tested HBO Go at my daughter's house. She has Comcast that doesn't include HBO, but the app worked fine for HBO's VOD.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
said by billhere:

I tested HBO Go at my daughter's house. She has Comcast that doesn't include HBO, but the app worked fine for HBO's VOD.

As it should, HBO Go is a standalone HBO app meant to allow you to watch their content when not at home.

ENFiOS

join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA
reply to miataman
said by miataman:

It will work at other "FIOS TV" houses. So strictly speaking it doesn't have to be your "home net" just a FIOS TV net that you have access to. I HAVE tested this and it worked.

Agreed...I've tested this as well...any FiOS WiFi connection