spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Diegod
join:2003-09-27
Chatham, ON

Diegod

[TV] Problem with Pace RNG220N

Took advantage of the recent Cogeco offer of a "free" recorder.
Hooked it up directly to my Sony Bravia with the supplied hdmi cable.
Some of the channels were missing so I called Cogeco and they activated it.
Channels came back, but no TMN and the picture is really dull and not at the best resolution. The blue light on the Pace box is, I assume, supposed to change depending on the channel resolution, this does not change, it's stuck at 480i.
Ok, called Cogeco and they gave me back TMN, good! But he couldn't seen to do anything with the resolution and dullness problems. All the resolution options in the Pace menu are "yes" and everything else looks good.
He rebooted the box but it looks just the same. He suggested I call Sony and see if there's any issues with the set
One more thing, don't know if it's relevant, the box won't control the sound, I have to use the TV control.

Before I call support back I thought I'd check in here with someone that knows.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

Try turning the yes off of everything but 1080i.

Also, you can change the volume to be controlled by the receiver by going into the HDMI settings and turning pass through mode to on.

Diegod
Chatham, ON

Diegod

Thanks Aaron, both of those didn't work for me.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron to Diegod

Premium Member

to Diegod
If you want to PM me the GI/M/P # from the DCT, I can take a look at it.

Diegod
Chatham, ON

Diegod

Update on my problem.

I ended up rebooting everything, unplug/wait several minutes/re-plug/turn on.

My colour came back, most of the HD channels look good, the remainder of HD look as good as my old General Instrument box.

The SD channels leave a lot to be desired though, colours are good but the resolution is not there, especially the lower numbers.
As I mentioned before, the blue indicator light stays at 480i, never changes.
Does this light actually change? Can someone check theirs and tell me what channel it does, I'm in Chatham, don't know if that makes a difference?

I've tried different cables, changed menu options on both the box and the TV, even did a couple of ritual dances.

I can tell that it's low res because I can see the pixilation on screen, my GI box was good throughout the whole range of channels. I expected a lot more from this cutting edge model