Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy

Re: New heir to the throne on the way

said by nitzguy:

...Booo....this isn't news, this is crap....

The announcement that our future King and his wife will be giving birth to who will be the King or Queen after him is news, regardless of what your own personal feelings toward the Canadian Monarchy may be.

And Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is 90 years old. If she's anything like her mother, she'll be around for another ten years or so, not 50.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

Poor girl.. I hope they manage to get her morning sickness under control. I lost 33lbs in the first 3 months from 24/7 nausea.. I can't even begin to imagine how bad she must feel with non-stop sickness. Here's hoping the docs find the right meds for her to have a normal pregnancy.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by resa1983:

Poor girl.. I hope they manage to get her morning sickness under control. I lost 33lbs in the first 3 months from 24/7 nausea.. I can't even begin to imagine how bad she must feel with non-stop sickness. Here's hoping the docs find the right meds for her to have a normal pregnancy.

My wife was not sick once with twins. She also only gained 25 lbs during the whole thing.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Same with my wife, and she only gained 16 pounds.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to Gone

Mod

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

The announcement that our future King and his wife will be giving birth to who will be the King or Queen after him is news, regardless of what your own personal feelings toward the Canadian Monarchy may be.

And Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is 90 years old. If she's anything like her mother, she'll be around for another ten years or so, not 50.

Her Majesty is 86 (born in 1926), but both she and the Duke of Edinburgh are in remarkably good heath considering their age (he is 91) and still very active. I can but hope to be as well as they are when/if I make it to their respective ages.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN, and all the Royal Family.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

Her Majesty is 86 (born in 1926), but both she and the Duke of Edinburgh are in remarkably good heath considering their age (he is 91) and still very active. I can but hope to be as well as they are when/if I make it to their respective ages.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN, and all the Royal Family.

I'm sure if you received Royal healthcare all your life you'd live long too!

But that said, my grandma will be 91 herself this January, and she's still doing fairly well.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
I was guessing, as I know she's roughly the same age as my Grandfather (who was born in October 1922) and both served Britain during WW2.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

My apologizes....I'm remembering old coins and she looked pretty hot for someone who I guess ascended to the throne when she was in her 40s herself?....Man she looked good back then for being 40!!

I just know she's been the monarch for 50 years...based on the photos alone I figured she was in her 20s when she became Queen and then well I know the Queen "Mum" aka Queen Elizabeth I was I believe 100 or 101 when she passed on...

Yes, you're right, but I'm truly hopeful that by then we will have severed ties with England on a formal basis instead of being tied to them in this democratic system we have.....

Although I doubt it.

Also I'm not to be a naysayer but...she does have to deliver the child...not that I'm saying there will be a miscarriage.....but that's probably why they kept it a secret for as long as they could because those things can be quite tragic and to have it in the media would be heartbreaking should something like this occur...for whatever reason.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to HiVolt

Mod

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

I'm sure if you received Royal healthcare all your life you'd live long too!

But that said, my grandma will be 91 herself this January, and she's still doing fairly well.

My grandparents made it to 84, 86, 92, 102 and several great aunts and great uncles made it well into their 90s, so I've certainly got a chance to make it that far with Canadian health care (and it has improved living times since grandparents were alive).

I wonder if the Duchess will move from her husband's station Wales to their apartment at Kensington Palace during her pregnancy so that she's close to the hospital she's now in.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy
Queen Elizabeth was 25 years old when she took the throne in February of 1952.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

My apologizes....I'm remembering old coins and she looked pretty hot for someone who I guess ascended to the throne when she was in her 40s herself?....Man she looked good back then for being 40!!

She looks great right now for being 86, too.

Her mother made it to 101. Her father would have lived a lot longer if not for smoking-related lung cancer and the stresses of a wartime throne that he didn't want to begin with. Elizabeth is in better health than her mother was at that age. She's going to be around for a while yet.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

I wonder if the Duchess will move from her husband's station Wales to their apartment at Kensington Palace during her pregnancy so that she's close to the hospital she's now in.

Probably depends on how serious it is, how quickly they get it under control, and if she needs a PICC line..

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

My grandparents made it to 84, 86, 92, 102 and several great aunts and great uncles made it well into their 90s, so I've certainly got a chance to make it that far with Canadian health care (and it has improved living times since grandparents were alive).

Yeah, those are some impressive years for all your grandparents.

If we take an average of those, you should make it to 91 at least!

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

She looks great right now for being 86, too.

Her mother made it to 101. Her father would have lived a lot longer if not for smoking-related lung cancer and the stresses of a wartime throne that he didn't want to begin with. Elizabeth is in better health than her mother was at that age. She's going to be around for a while yet.

Yes, definitely. They're closing a local mine in town (Frood Mine) and she had visited it back in the mid 50s when she came to Canada and there was a photo in the local newspaper showing her down in the mine looking at the goings on and whatnot and she just looked really really good then, and yeah I didn't realize she was 86, she's like Dick Clark before the stroke, keeps on truckin, and good for her...

She's the only monarchy I'd say the majority if not all of us here have ever really "known" of. There may be some older peoples here but they would have been little kids when the Queen was installed....sometimes I forget that 1952 was 60 years ago now....that's why my math was messed up...

But yes, hope for the best for perhaps the future queen/king of england.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

I just know she's been the monarch for 50 years.

Sixty years.