how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sciurus

join:2012-12-03
Columbia, MO

[MO] Prices for Internet Service Only

I'm a customer of Socket considering switching to Mediacom for higher speeds. Socket is up front about their prices, but I can't find any information on Mediacom's page about the pricing for their plans, just their bundles which I'm not interested in. Does anyone here have this information?

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
Just call them...

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
said by Bierboy:

Just call them...

In this day and age, people shouldn't have to call to find out the price of a service. That should be a default feature on the company's website. All that does is waste a rep's time, with a question that could easily be answered on the website, from someone who may not even become a customer in the first place. Mediacom should make that information as transparent as possible - this would free up technical and customer support resources for existing customers who are having issues. Give me one good reason why they shouldn't provide this information, except for perhaps the fact that prices change regularly and they'd have to update the website to accommodate for that - but I bet that would still use less resources than having reps available for a bunch of people calling up Mediacom and asking how much service costs. It just seems utterly inefficient, especially for a company that's constantly raising prices.

I've actually gotten to the point where if a business doesn't have some kind of web presence with detailed information about their services, I won't bother dealing with them. I ran into this when I was seeking out a ballet studio for my daughter. Someone recommended a place to me, but they don't have a website with any information at all, and when I called several times, there was no answer. There were no posted hours of business anywhere, and I didn't want to have to drive three miles to find out what classes they offered and on which days, and what the dress code would be for said classes - IF they were even open when I drove over there. Another local studio provides almost all that information on their website, which saved me a trip. Maybe the first studio was awesome in terms of the quality of their instructors, but because I wouldn't have made a decision about enrolling immediately, that would have been at least two trips to the studio - one to ask all my questions, and another trip to drop off all the requisite forms.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA
reply to sciurus
I can't get prices online. Although you may do better calling or sending an IM to MediacomChad.

Enter address here and I get prices:
»mediacomcable.com/site/order.php

sciurus

join:2012-12-03
Columbia, MO
reply to Bierboy
Getting the information turned out to be easier than I thought.

Launch $29.95- 3 Mb download speed / 512 Kb upload speed Internet usage limit per month: 150 GB

Prime $49.95- 15 Mb down / 1 Mb up Internet usage limit per month: 250 GB

Prime Plus $59.95- 20 or 30 Mb down / 2 Mb up Internet usage limit per month: 350 GB

Ultra $79.95- 50 Mb down / 5 Mb up Internet usage limit per month: 999 GB

Ultra Plus $99.99- 105 Mb down / 10 Mb up Internet usage limit per month: 999 GB

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Those are the std prices. You should check for some of their "new" customer deals, as some of those are really cheap for 6, 12, or 24 months.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to sciurus
Add $15 fee if you don't have any other service
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Lazy Senior

join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
Yes, DO NOT pay standard prices. New customers get a really nice discount for 2 years. Discounts seem to depend who you contact. Start with MediacomChad located on this forum. He got me a wonderful 2 year deal. FWIW the service has been more than adequate (which was a surprise to me).

Stay away from Mediacom TV or (especially) telephone service. Much better deals and service are available cheaper elsewhere.

jpatton

join:2010-04-07
Stillwater, OK
said by Lazy Senior:

Yes, DO NOT pay standard prices. New customers get a really nice discount for 2 years. Discounts seem to depend who you contact. Start with MediacomChad located on this forum. He got me a wonderful 2 year deal. FWIW the service has been more than adequate (which was a surprise to me)

If and only if you're absolutely certain you will be in Mediacom territory and want their service for 2 years. Note past threads, it takes extreme circumstances (not just "I got a job somewhere else") to get out of ETF.