how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to McBrain

Re: [MoP] Mage thread of Awesomeness

This is causing me to drop fire comepletely. I respecced for arcane/frost. And I did rank last night on stonegaurd as arcane

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

What version? And what was your number, if you don't mind me asking? I haven't done MSV this week, so my previous #'s are obsolete.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Vinceruos_t

yes the hotfix was a nut punch to fire, i suspect that they wieled the nerf bat a bit harshly and will rectify it in a raid cycle or two, because lets face it fire was just destroying things, a couple of fights frost took the lead, but the arcane magi should rejoice and magi in general should as well, we still rock out with our cocks out.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Vinceruos_t

reply to McBrain

It was normal and I believe I was 25th with 120kish

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

25 normal? Or 10?

Vinceruos_t

10 man

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1

Dammit prob going Arcane, McB give me the rundown on stats please for reforge lite

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

Hit 15%

Haste = Mastery as far as I can see...Stacking either seems to give good results...I think a lot of it depends on your playstyle and if you're comfortable managing your mana levels.

If you stack haste you use Frost Armor, unless you can get ~27% raid buffed without it. If you stack mastery or can get high levels of haste without FA, use Mage Armor.

Exosphere - Mal'Ganis is an example of a haste stacking Arcane Mage who posts great logs. Check out his/her armory and WoL parses if you want to study that set-up.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Vinceruos_t

reply to cigtyme

Make sure you use rune of power if you play arcane. Its sort of mandatory for arcane. If a fight is not feasible for rune of power then you are better off going frost.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

I've actually had good mana returns from Incanter's Ward on Garalon...but that's the only time I've ever tried to use it as Arcane.

Incanter's Ward and stacked haste for Garalon is probably not a bad approach.