Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ken1943

join:2001-12-30
Denver, CO
reply to FF4m3

Re: Apple 'Invents' Wireless Charging

I am surprised they haven't tried to patent paper and pencil for writing.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
These patent trolls would try to patent all of the fundimental discoveries of our time if they were allowed to like fire, and the wheel.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Ken1943
said by Ken1943:

I am surprised they haven't tried to patent paper and pencil for writing.

That's already covered under Apple's broader patent pending for "Written Communication"

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

These patent trolls would try to patent all of the fundimental discoveries of our time if they were allowed to like fire, and the wheel.

And the irony is - it looks like they are actually allowed to do so. US Patent Office becomes a prostitute - just pay the money and you'll get the service you want...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I've been hoping for years that they'd close that place down and start over.

Seems to me Braun had a toothbush about 15 years ago that charged via a coupled coil. I'm pretty sure there were more before that.

Tesla comes to mind
--
--
--
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by SparkChaser:

I've been hoping for years that they'd close that place down and start over.

Seems to me Braun had a toothbush about 15 years ago that charged via a coupled coil. I'm pretty sure there were more before that.

Tesla comes to mind

And power companies for years have had to contend with folks firing up a pickup coil near their high-voltage lines to rob power from the fields. Maybe those power thieves should be awarded the patent instead...
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
reply to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

I for one, would not want to take on the tremendous liability issues for the misuse of either technology.

But seriously, why isn't there a more aggressive move in the US towards patent law reform? I'm all for limited-time patents on good ideas. But obviously the test for "novel" is no longer even a consideration, let alone a requirement, to get a US Patent. As for Apple? Yeah, the whole "prior art" thing appears to be their problem here.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong