share rss forum feed

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:1
reply to thegeek

Re: Over-Ear Headphones for a Teenage Girl

Sennheiser or Sony, those are my only picks for quality cans.

The catch is, you have to watch the model numbers. Some of them are designed for accurate sound, which is only good if you have a good source. Anything that bills itself for "studio" use isn't going to be a good option for an ipod.

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2

said by Camelot One:

The catch is, you have to watch the model numbers. Some of them are designed for accurate sound, which is only good if you have a good source. Anything that bills itself for "studio" use isn't going to be a good option for an ipod.

I should have mentioned that the source audio will be her cell phone most of the time listening to Spotify. So how big of a difference does that make in what would be best?

One problem with the offerings from Sony, Sennheiser, etc is they all appear to be plain black and "ugly" according to my daughter. Do any of the good brands make something any other color than black? I'm sure that's what draws kids to Beats and Skullcandy is the wide assortment of colors and more sleek designs.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage

said by thegeek:

said by Camelot One:

I should have mentioned that the source audio will be her cell phone most of the time listening to Spotify. So how big of a difference does that make in what would be best?

One problem with the offerings from Sony, Sennheiser, etc is they all appear to be plain black and "ugly" according to my daughter. Do any of the good brands make something any other color than black? I'm sure that's what draws kids to Beats and Skullcandy is the wide assortment of colors and more sleek designs.

I have seen a few that are in white, but generally no. Thats what helps sell Beats and Skull candy, not their audio quality!
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON
reply to thegeek

said by thegeek:

Depends on the cell phone circuitry, I know with the iPhone it's preferable to find a headphone with an impedance as low as possible for better low frequency response. Many studio headphones are higher impedance since professional level headphone amps are more capable of driving such a load.

said by thegeek:

If you want good quality and good looks, be prepared to open up your wallet!! Here's two manufacturers that would fit the bill:
»www.ultrasone.com/index.php/en/u···any.html
»www.gradolabs.com/