Click for full size
Uverse Stats
Click for full size
Error Table
Click for full size
Line 1
Click for full size
Line 2
I have been trying to digest all of the great information here on the site about interpreting the bitloading graphs within Realtime and my setup/results don't seem to follow any of the patterns. I am wondering if there was an installation problem and my service is working in spite of this. We are seeing pixelation at somewhat random times on a couple of specific/consistent channels. Here are a couple of screen shots of my info. If anyone could help me diagnose so that I can point AT&T in the right direction when I call. We are 2900 feet from the VRAD (Realtime stat) We are setup with a i3812v and the tvs are running over coax.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2

The quality of the line to your home is very good. It doesn't hurt to check for signaling rate issues between the equipment at your home, on the Coax/HPNA tab in UVrealtime or in the iNID's GUI at 192.168.1.254 > settings > LAN > statistics. Most likely there is a problem with those specific feeds.
Before you engage tech support, document the specific channels, time, and try to note if it happens on all your receivers at the same time.

Herbie2222

@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was worried because I don't have any activity in the higher frequencies. Based on the Real time documentation, I was expecting to see upstream band zero in use. My charts are showing upstream 1. Since my line strength is good, were they able to get away with using upstream 1? Would I gain any stability by moving my setup to upstream zero?

On my signalling rate information, I don't see any issues. My PHY rate is 112 for most links and 128 for the runs back to the INID (From the INID is 112 for all links). The SNR values are 41.9 for the 112 links and 44.5 for the 128.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to Herbie2222

Considering you've only had about 46 minutes of one line or the other being down for the past 5 months, I would say your line is stable. The best thing to do would be to have the ATT techs themselves evaluate that decision. It's always best to have the physical line tidied up rather than have to resort to a software bandaid.
If you don't have any HPNA errors or lost packets, and only specific channels are messing up, then the real problem is in the VRAD where the fiber terminates or in the video hub office where those feeds get sent to your entire region.

Herbie2222

@att.net

Thanks, I will try and document the times and channels and go from there. I appreciate your advise.