spc
uniqs
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to pfak

to pfak

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Remember Telus was only a Home Phone provider not long ago.
To build up the TV side of their business from scratch must have had dig very deep into their pockets.
Personally I think they have done very well in the short time they have been established .When you think of their incentives given to customers .Yes I understand on a three year term.What other Companies would be as generous?
For the earlier client you states he only pays $30 for his internet and TV.Again no ISP provider needs you to go bankrupt.
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu

If them offering me internet / TV for $30 a month will bankrupt them, maybe they shouldn't be offering it!

I didn't even want the TV / Never use it. Bandwidth costs Telus nothing - If they were to offer an unlimite 25 MB plan for $20 more, I'm sure a ton of people would sign up for it.

All these caps.. theyre not to save money, theyre for anti-copetetive measures. Telus knows people are using Netflix a lot... Or just downloading TV shows, and it competes with their TV Department. Thats the reason why they're lowering caps, not because they're losing money on it.

This is the reason why The smaller, non TV Selling ISPS can offer unlimited, for cheaper than Telus's limited plans... Teksavvy, Distributel, Primus, Acanac, ect... I could go on.

I got a good deal on Telus because I moved. I'd stick with them for their original price, but once they start charging for more usage, I'll be switching to Teksavvy. It's the only sensible move, financially. Especially with all the Rate hikes Telus/Shaw have been doing...

And don't even get me started on Telus's proffits... Telus has 1.3 Million subs for their ineternet, Their internet, TV, and Wireless business is constantly growing, and proffits raising... Sure, theyre spending millions upgrading their infrastructure so we get better speeds, But here comes the age old question:

If I can use my whole data cap in a 24 hour period on my current plan, why would I want extra speed? so I can reach my cap in 12 hours?
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Ok you know what you plan to do so why keep harping on about it.?
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu

You mean, why do I keep discussing the fact Telus is cutting our bandwidth in half, and what sollutions / options there are, IE: Vote with your money? Probably the same reason you do...

It's a free world. You can defend their decision all you want, just as I can protest it.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I am quiet certain your $30 a year for TVand internet will not be missed.Good Luck