share rss forum feed

CCC

@telus.net

Bandwidth CAPS coming Feb 1 /2013

»telus.com/content/home-phone/not···12120401

Listening

join:2012-10-18
v6e-1k2

I am on the Optik turbo plan, so that's a reduction of 250 GB/month. Switching back to Shaw in the new year anyway. Looking at Telus's infrastructure and technology they have nowhere to go.

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

With reading a remark like that I suggest you read on the web the differences between Fibre Optics and Cable TV.

Bauwoo

join:2003-12-07

I suggest both of you do. Neither company is FTTH. Let him change to Shaw and have his bandwidth shared with others on his congested node. lol it'll be great if they don't enforce the caps again, like always.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to CCC

»[BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%
--
The more I C, the less I see.

Dupe check

@videotron.ca
reply to CCC

This topic is a dupe of this one:
»[BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
reply to Bauwoo

TELUS actually has FTTH in hundreds (if not thousands) of homes throughout BC and AB
This of course is in addition to the ETTS customers and don't forget the FTTN customers that are prevalent on the network
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

Listening

v6e-1k2
reply to CCC

Most of Vancouver will never actually see full Fiber Optics unless you happen to live in a building already wired for it. As far as slowing down because of shared connection, that is over blown. Before moving to Telus was with Shaw and while Shaw is no better in some respects at least online gaming and video conferencing were 80% better or more. Latency spikes are so frequent it makes doing anything but loading web pages unpleasant. Note: There is no way for you to check your bandwidth usage from Telus, (unless you use your own software) they will notify you before they send you a over usage bill.

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC
reply to Bauwoo

I suggest you LEARN before you write such comments

Listening

v6e-1k2
reply to CCC

Really... that's all you got.

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
reply to Listening

said by Listening:

Most of Vancouver will never actually see full Fiber Optics unless you happen to live in a building already wired for it. As far as slowing down because of shared connection, that is over blown. Before moving to Telus was with Shaw and while Shaw is no better in some respects at least online gaming and video conferencing were 80% better or more. Latency spikes are so frequent it makes doing anything but loading web pages unpleasant. Note: There is no way for you to check your bandwidth usage from Telus, (unless you use your own software) they will notify you before they send you a over usage bill.

if you have underground direct buried yes, it will take much longer. If you have overhead wiring or conduit, you'll see it much sooner.
Best scenario is you're moving into a new development that TELUS has planned with the developer.... in that case you're pretty much guaranteed to have fibre
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to Listening

said by Listening :

Switching back to Shaw in the new year anyway.

You'd probably be better off with TSI West Cable, which uses last mile coax from Shaw. You have to pay for your equipment and install, but in the long run you'll get more bang for the buck.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

Bauwoo

join:2003-12-07
Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw
reply to Kruisey

FTTH is only available to Telus customers either having a new home development, in a very limited residential area, or more commonly in commercial. $4000-5000 for residential install to foreign fiber location. Oh and Shaw isn't just a cable company. Both have their own fiber networks. In fact, Shaw owns most of the entire west coast including US west coast.

Expand your moderator at work