share rss forum feed

kljflower
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Tipp City, OH
reply to kljflower

Re: [Help] Microsoft PictureIt Platinum - anything like it for W

Thanks for all these suggestions - I'll try the running as XP mode -
Sue, when you say you're having them printed and they have the design software, is that an online source? Thanks!

SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO
kudos:2
Yes! You can personalize greeting cards with your photos using their software and have them printed. I am pretty sure it will be cheaper than printing with your home printer. In some cases you can have the prints sent to your home store to avoid shipping costs. I think it is worth looking into.

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 recommendation

reply to kljflower
I too liked and became very familiar and comfortable with Picture It. It came with a Works Suite with my first computer.

You are not alone in lamenting the difficulty in running it on current Windows systems. There are many dissatisfied users.

Microsoft suggests: Microsoft Picture it application has been discontinued. However, you may download & use Windows Live Photo Gallery.

To download Windows Live Photo Gallery, refer to this link:
»explore.live.com/windows-live-es···ed?T1=t1

This article from Yahoo Answers might be of some help:

"There was a lot more software for fun projects until Windows XP came along then everything seemed to get serious. When Vista replaced XP the fun programs disappeared. I started with Picture It!, too. It was great for a beginner. There are very few programs - if any - out there right now for the truly beginning photo taker who wants to play with and have fun with their photos while creating things.

I wish I could list a dozen project-oriented photo programs for you but I haven't found many for today's computers. Broderbund's Printmaster is about the only all-in-one piece of software left and it's not really designed for much detailed photo editing. I switched to Printmaster for a short while after giving up Picture It! - and while trying to climb the learning curve of Photoshop 7.
»www.broderbund.com/c-6-design-print.aspx"