TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
reply to TomS_

Re: Warrnambool (Victoria, Australia) exchange fire

Still no word on what caused the fire from what Ive been able to find (unless I missed it), but heres a couple of news articles with some pr0n. Pr0n is always good.

Trying to work out what transmission kit is pictured here. I have a feeling it may be Ericsson, as I believe that is what Telstra uses in their network.

»www.standard.net.au/story/115317···ns-work/

»www.standard.net.au/story/116505···/?cs=135

battleop

join:2005-09-28

In that first one Technicians spend an awful lot of time checking wires. I wonder if they do anything else...
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

zed173

join:2010-07-17
Mississauga, ON
reply to TomS_

From the article in the second link apparently they did not actually have any fire suppression system in the CO, just an alarm link to the fire department. I can honestly say I've never heard of that before (at least here in Canada) and seems highly irresponsible, just a problem waiting to happen (which it did).

JoeHemi

join:2011-05-06
Bellevue, WA
reply to TomS_

What an absolute mess. Saving a dime today will cost you plenty tomorrow. Talk about putting all your eggs in one unprotected basket.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

If you can't do it right the first time you can always do it wrong the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th...