share rss forum feed

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to pandora

Re: The renovation continues ... today new 400 amp service!

said by pandora:

said by PhoenixDown:

Pandora -- what are your electric rates?

The bill is complex, some costs are fixed, transmission is separate from generation. However, it's about 17 cents per KWh.

It's nice to see the Northeast is consistent on one thing. It's about 17 cents per Kwh here in the Boston area as well.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06

said by Draiman:

said by pandora:

said by PhoenixDown:

The bill is complex, some costs are fixed, transmission is separate from generation. However, it's about 17 cents per KWh.

It's nice to see the Northeast is consistent on one thing. It's about 17 cents per Kwh here in the Boston area as well.

wow, we are spoiled in quebec, 17 cents is our peak rate when you are on a dual rate meter!

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

said by pandora:

said by PhoenixDown:

I pay $0.1215588/kwh all taxes included in my part of New Jersey. This is because we're on a co-op. On PSE&G when I lived elsewhere in NJ it was about 17 cents per kWh.

Our ETS rate (offpeak, for ETS heating only) is about half the regular rate.

Our co-op opted out of the electric utility competition so we pay just one charge for generation and transmission.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to telco_mtl

said by telco_mtl:

wow, we are spoiled in quebec, 17 cents is our peak rate when you are on a dual rate meter!

Just one rate. Regardless of time of day.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06

us in quebec its around 5 cents for the normal user and dual energy users like myself its abit over 4 cents normally and 17 cents during peak (colder than -15 celcius)

dplantz

join:2000-08-02
Roslindale, MA
reply to Draiman

Rates should be close all over NE. NSTAR and North East Utilities merged in April. Most of NE now gets its power from the different operating companies of NE Utilties

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting

1 edit

said by dplantz:

Rates should be close all over NE.

Interesting I did not realize that. Always thought of PSNH as "my electric utility" but in fact they are just part of a larger operation.

Here is a link to rates for Public Service of New Hampshire, the largest utility in the state. Residential rate is 14.88 cents per KWH plus a $11.96 per month meter charge. There are slightly lower rates for water and space heating.

»www.psnh.com/RatesTariffs/Home/R···tes.aspx

quote:
Rate R, Residential Service
Available to customers living in individual residences and apartments.

Customer Charge $11.96 Per Month
KWH Distribution Charge 3.905 Cents per KWH
KWH Transmission Charge 1.480 Cents per KWH
KWH Stranded Cost Recovery Charge 1.999 Cents per KWH
System Benefits Charge 0.330 Cents per KWH
Electricity Consumption Tax 0.055 Cents per KWH
Energy Charge 7.11 Cents per KWH

/tom

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

1 edit

All of that is the legal rates but the real bottom line is the kWh used and the total cost with taxes and fees.

i.e. 121.79 / 1171 = $0.10.4/kWh

* That's why I have no interest in the overpriced LED ugly bulbs. I don't consider spending a bunch of money when I'm not spending that much on my electricity.

What is a Meter Charge? Also do you not have taxes and fees on your bill?