spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aryanos

join:2012-12-03

[AB] Upgrade to 3HD/1SD but Can't get Optik 25?

I recently called in to get an upgrade to Optik 25 and the CR put in the order for me. I looked at the settings and it now says 3HD/1SD where before I only had 2HD/1SD.

Now they're saying that all the ports are full and I can't get Optik 25. Is this right? I thought that if you could get 3HD/1SD then you should be able to get Optik 25.

Symtex

join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC
kudos:21

1 edit
said by Aryanos:

I recently called in to get an upgrade to Optik 25 and the CR put in the order for me. I looked at the settings and it now says 3HD/1SD where before I only had 2HD/1SD.

Now they're saying that all the ports are full and I can't get Optik 25. Is this right? I thought that if you could get 3HD/1SD then you should be able to get Optik 25.

say what ? that is BS. Whoever told you that need some coaching. Let me take a look for you.

Note : Whoever you talk to did not leave a note in your account. So I can't trace them back. Please call again. You qualify for 3HD/1SD/25HS. there is no such thing as port not available to you. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you remember the name of the person you talked to. Can you please email it to me ? I will follow up with their manager and make sure they get the correct training.

--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
said by Symtex:

said by Aryanos:

say what ? that is BS. Whoever told you that need some coaching. Let me take a look for you.

Note : Whoever you talk to did not leave a note in your account. So I can't trace them back. Please call again. You qualify for 3HD/1SD/25HS. there is no such thing as port not available to you. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you remember the name of the person you talked to. Can you please email it to me ? I will follow up with their manager and make sure they get the correct training.

Bingo... the 3HD profile has higher requirements than Optik 25.
You're automatically qualified
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

Aryanos

reply to Aryanos
Thanks guys, I don't know why they would say I don't qualify when I already have the 3HD/1SD and I'm just getting throttled for my internet. I'll call them again this evening.

Aryanos

reply to Aryanos
So a TELUS tech responded to me and said that I don't qualify for Optik 25 because there's not enough bandwidth even for both internet and TV. Even when I have 3HD/1 SD only Option 15 is available to me. He said this is what the network guys told him.

I've been trying for 2 years to upgrade my line to a 25 Mbps line and they've always told me try again next month or there are no ports available. I just got my dlink router swapped out for an actiontech hoping that would help speed things up but it didn't. I don't know what to do anymore.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
said by Aryanos:

So a TELUS tech responded to me and said that I don't qualify for Optik 25 because there's not enough bandwidth even for both internet and TV. Even when I have 3HD/1 SD only Option 15 is available to me. He said this is what the network guys told him.

I've been trying for 2 years to upgrade my line to a 25 Mbps line and they've always told me try again next month or there are no ports available. I just got my dlink router swapped out for an actiontech hoping that would help speed things up but it didn't. I don't know what to do anymore.

This is really aggravating me when user are being given wrong information. I really apologized for the way you have been treated. I assure you, I override the system personally and you do qualify for both 3HD and 25Mbps internet. The service qualification portal also show the same. Whoever talked to you has obviously not done his homework.

Unfortunately, I cannot place an order for you. This has go through the customer care department. Here's what I want you to do.

1. Call customer care and request Optik 3HD + 25mbps
2. Take down the employee's name
3. Email me, like you have done before with the name

First thing Monday morning, I will follow up to ensure that this doesn't happen ever again.

Let me apologize once again, I will make it right.
--

Aryanos

Thanks Symtex, I will ask them to put notes into my order as well. Hopefully this thing can get fixed soon. Thanks again for all your help.

Aryanos

reply to Symtex
I called Telus on Saturday and inquired about my order to upgrade to HS 25 and they said it was "stuck" in the system so the CSR talked to the back end guys about switching me over. After 45 minutes or so on the phone hey informed me that I was on the new line.

I tried a speed test and it was still giving me the same speed and he said that it could take 30 minutes or so to kick in and that I should reboot the router. It was over 24 hours and the speed didn't increase so I called in again this morning.

This time the CSR said that my order didn't go through and that there are no ports available to upgrade me to HS 25. I asked what happened yesterday when the other CSR said I was upgraded and he said that my plan changed but I didn't get upgraded.

It's really frustrating just trying to get something simple like a speed upgrade as it seems like there's a lot of miscommunication going on at the company when it comes to upgrades.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
said by Aryanos:

I called Telus on Saturday and inquired about my order to upgrade to HS 25 and they said it was "stuck" in the system so the CSR talked to the back end guys about switching me over. After 45 minutes or so on the phone hey informed me that I was on the new line.

I tried a speed test and it was still giving me the same speed and he said that it could take 30 minutes or so to kick in and that I should reboot the router. It was over 24 hours and the speed didn't increase so I called in again this morning.

This time the CSR said that my order didn't go through and that there are no ports available to upgrade me to HS 25. I asked what happened yesterday when the other CSR said I was upgraded and he said that my plan changed but I didn't get upgraded.

It's really frustrating just trying to get something simple like a speed upgrade as it seems like there's a lot of miscommunication going on at the company when it comes to upgrades.

It not supposed to be like that at all. Yes there is a lot of confusion over something that is very easy. I will follow up on Monday.
--

Aryanos

Thanks Symtex, I really appreciate all the help you've provided.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
said by Aryanos:

Thanks Symtex, I really appreciate all the help you've provided.

Thank your tremendous amount of patience with TELUS. The order has been put in for today and all rep that has left a note on your account will be coach appropriately. We need to do better to provide a better customer experience and this is a good example to show what not to do.

Rest assure, I will keep an eye on it to make sure it goes through.
--

Aryanos

Thanks Symtex, hopefully it will go through this time. Again, thanks for all the help you've provided on this matter.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
said by Aryanos:

Thanks Symtex, hopefully it will go through this time. Again, thanks for all the help you've provided on this matter.

The order seems to have completed now. You should be good to go.
--

Aryanos

Awesome, thanks. I'll check when I get home.

anhloc

join:2009-12-11
Canada
Not all of us are terrible Aryanos.

3HD = 18Mb/s already. Plus 1 SD = 3Mb/s. 18+3 = 21Mb/s.

Normally you will need to train at 33.3Mb/s to get Optik 25, so you have at least the 10-12Mb/s floor for your internet if all IPTV services are in use.
--

Aryanos

Thanks to Symtex I was able to get the upgrade to HS 25 and this was after constantly phoning and inquiring Telus for almost 2 years. I'm happy it's done now and appreciate all the help the Telus technicians have provided to people in this forum as without them it seems like some people would have switched a long time ago.

bimmerdriver

join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC
reply to Aryanos
This thread is deja vu for me. Same experience with the CSR not having a clue. Order "stuck". Bailed out by Symtex. Why does this keep happening over and over? Some skulls at Telus need to be cracked together. There is no excuse for them not addressing these issues.