All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jchl89
join:2004-03-04
Rosemead, CA

jchl89

Re: Uverse to DSLX

any updates on it dslx_nick? 1.5 is feeling very slow.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Still trying to pull a few strings, but unfortunately nothing yet. =(
jchl89
Rosemead, CA

jchl89

any update? thx

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Good news! Just got a response from the head of the ordering department today. Managed to get AT&T to correct their database so it now shows 3Mbps as an available option, and we've updated accordingly on our side; you can confirm this if you go our website, log into the Members page, click on "Modify my internet", and click on the link to "Show available subscriptions in my area".
jchl89
Rosemead, CA

jchl89

Hello Nick!
Thanks for the great news!
However there is a slight issue. It shows the pricing as 24.95/mo when following your directions.
As signing up for service as a new customer, pricing should be 14.95/mo equally for both the 1.5 and 3.0 tiers of service. I have only been a customer since 12/6/2012.

Please advise.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Pricing varies from region to region, and your 3.0 is NOT normal; we had to put in a special request to obtain it, which, as you can see, took almost two weeks to get approved. I was able to get the 3.0 added for you as an option, but I can't do anything to change the pricing I'm afraid.
jchl89
Rosemead, CA

jchl89

Can you escalate this issue to a higher pricing management level? I appreciate your kindness on where you have gotten me this far. However, I don't believe 24.95 is a fair price, and whether it is normal or not, is far beyond my concern.

I signed up for DSLx in the first place because I was told over the phone on my telephone sales call that I would be able to get 3.0mbps for $14.95. Because of this, I cancelled my AT&T service. The next day, I receive an email from DSLx informing me that 3.0 was an error and that I can only get 1.5mbps. I was shocked and appalled because I had already cancelled AT&T and was left with no option but to go with DSLextreme. If I had not cancelled AT&T would have been able to have given me additional promotional pricing, but since I've heard good things about DSLx, and being a former customer at a previous address, I thought I'd give DSL Extreme a go again.

From my standpoint, 3.0 should have shown up in the first place, and it was AT&T who screwed up. If anything, I feel that I should be getting a discount for the troubles that you and I have gone through.

To me the customer, I feel that I had done nothing wrong to merit my situation and it was all AT&Ts fault. It should in fact be DSLX that should be the one angry with AT&T, just like I am for them screwing up.

Thanks

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

I can ask, but I'll be perfectly blunt here: I don't think it's going to do any good. You have to remember, we are reselling this particular DSL service from AT&T. At the current price they are charging us for that package, we CANNOT offer you $14.95, because we would literally be losing money every month (not just 'less profit', but actually in the red) under such an arrangement.

We just got through a two-week period of getting them to agree to offer 3.0 for this circuit when they were not before; the head of the orders department said she's never seen AT&T do that. I am skeptical that, so soon after pulling that minor miracle off, we'll now be able to convince them to slash the price on this package... but I will ask.
jchl89
Rosemead, CA

jchl89

Thank you very much. I knew DSLextreme was on top of their customer service, especially you dslx_nick. I really appreciate all your effort put in to this.

It seems now, just that AT&T has an "error" in their pricing negotiated with DSLx, then passed on to me. Hopefully you can work your magic with the sales dept and att in getting the correct pricing displayed.

Thanks

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

It's not really an error; $24.95 is a standard annual rate for many areas for 3.0 Mbps. But, will see.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to jchl89

MVM

to jchl89
said by jchl89:

It seems now, just that AT&T has an "error" in their pricing negotiated with DSLx, then passed on to me.

I don't know what price DSLX negotiated with AT&T for the 3.0 Mbps service; but I had 'at&t Yahoo! HSI Pro', AT&T's 3.0 Mbs service, for the longest time. First got it around 2005 as an upgrade from Express (1.5 Mbps) for $17.95. After a year it went up to $24.95. By the time I quit AT&T (April, 2011), the price had been raised to $33 a month, with another hike looming to $35 a month.

You may not think $24.95 is a fair price for 3.0 Mbps, but if DSLX can get it for you, that is better than I was able to get from AT&T after the price hike to $33.