how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

Suggestion: Let us pay our bill online

Is there any chance of this happening sometime in the near future? More often than not, I'm late in paying my bill by a few days, mainly because I'm just busy doing other things, or it slips my mind. Not much of an excuse I know, but if we were able to pay our bill online via a credit card, that would make it so much easier.

I don't trust automatic withdrawal, especially after what happened with Bell a few years back. If you remember, one month they took too much money out of lots of people's accounts, sending many people into a negative balance and causing lots of headaches and bounced cheques as well. Although I'm pretty sure that was a malicious action on Bell's part.

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
I always pay mine with online banking. They show up as a payee on RBC.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to LondonOntGuy
Hi LondonOntGuy,

I believe it's on the radar but I am not sure of an ETA. I believe it will fall in play with an improved customer portal.

Cheers,

Andre

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

Is there any chance of this happening sometime in the near future? More often than not, I'm late in paying my bill by a few days, mainly because I'm just busy doing other things, or it slips my mind. Not much of an excuse I know, but if we were able to pay our bill online via a credit card, that would make it so much easier.

I don't trust automatic withdrawal, especially after what happened with Bell a few years back. If you remember, one month they took too much money out of lots of people's accounts, sending many people into a negative balance and causing lots of headaches and bounced cheques as well. Although I'm pretty sure that was a malicious action on Bell's part.

They don't allow automatic PAC anymore...I feel like a super grandfathered customer, PAC grandfathered and POTS grandfathered...

I've had it since I opened with them in 2008 and haven't had an issue.

I believe though you can pay it through online banking, if you put in your account number into your banking system...

Personally, I wouldn't believe in paying online with a credit card, but I'm probably in the minority..

oh wait, you're talking about automatic from credit card....nevermind

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to yabos
with RBC, I just set up recurring post dated payments for the 9th of every month. Unlike the competition, the bill never changes month to month out of sheer randomness.

Taylortbb
Premium
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
+1 for recurring automatic payments in online banking. That should prevent you from forgetting.

Personally though I just have them auto charge my credit card. While pre-auth debit can have issues with my account being drained and so on I have weeks before my credit card is due to sort out any problems. Visa disputes are also much easier and more customer friendly than pre-auth debit disputes. This does of course assume you pay off your card in full every month, otherwise you'll get interest charges.
--
Taylor Byrnes

Anon234

@teksavvy.com
I also have mine on credit card but then take it one step further.
My card is set up to automatically take the full payment from my bank account. That way all I do is monitor the TS invoices and credit card statements. Everything else is on autopilot.

On top of that my card gives me 1.25% cash back so I'm actually paying a bit less than the monthly amount.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
I prefer to Phsyically pay my Own Bill monthly Thru my onlinebanking helps me to remeber to pay my Cell which also comes in the same day, And the Hydro/gas Latepayment date is like 2 days after my Tek Invoice comes in so if i forgot Its like my final wakeup call P:)
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Grappler

join:2002-09-01
Ottawa, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
Additionally, depending on your bank (TD is mine) you can make the online payments from your chequing account, savings account or your Visa account, it just depends on how many associated accounts you have registered with your bank.
Expand your moderator at work