Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ruiner

join:2012-03-10
Canada
reply to Foggy

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Oh, I forgot about this section in the Telus TOS. Anyone locked into a long-term contract who wants out, now is your chance.
»telus.com/content/tv/optik/clien···erms.jsp

You are not obliged to continue using the Services after an amendment to the Service Terms is made; however, in the event you choose not to accept the changes, your sole remedy is to cancel the Services, effective at the end of your current billing period. Your continued use of the Services following any amendment shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended Service Terms, waiver of any additional notice requirements and agreement to pay for the Services in accordance with the amended Service Terms.

Foggy

@telus.net
@runer - "Your continued use of the Services following any amendment shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended Service Terms..."

That's exactly why TELUS is trying to sneak in this amendment and hoping that people won't notice until it's too late.

I challenge anyone here claiming to work for TELUS to supply us all with the TELUS webpage containing the live link to these amendments.

You can look until your eyeballs ache and you won't find it.

I found the link hidden at the bottom of an e-mail.

TELUS didn't accidentally hide this link in the fine print at the bottom of my 'e-bill ready for viewing/payment' e-mail.

This was a deliberate decision by TELUS.

If TELUS is going to amend a contract, especially one that includes a 50% reduction in usage, then they better be e-mailing this amendment to every single TELUS customer.

This is outrageous.