vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

1 recommendation

One year ago today I lost my Mom

One year ago today my world changed forever. I lost my Mom... Losing my Mother was like losing my soul...

»Sad news

Without saying a word she could tell when I was having a bad day or something was bothering me... Even when I did not feel ill, she could tell I was...

One of the last things she said to me prior to her brain tumour erupting December 4th was "Kenny make sure you see a doctor, I know there's something wrong with you, give me your word see the Doctor"..

Two months after her passing I found out I had early stages of cancer...

Mom's passing changed me in ways I find hard to articulate... It has changed priorities in my life... I put more value on family and friends and less on material things. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy my 60 Corvette, camera equipment, computers and tv... I see them for what they are "things"...I possess them, they don't possess me...

It really doesn't matter to me one hell of beans if someone agrees or disagrees on a hot topic. I can discuss, I can debate but I no longer hold a grudge. Everyone is entitled to their point of view. How can you tell someone their opinion is wrong? After all it is their opinion...

I enjoy the simpler things in life. A walk in the woods, a drive along the coast to Peggy's Cove or just being at a car show...

Losing a loved one is weird. There a moments when I'll enter a room and think I'll see her in sitting in her favorite place then I come to the realization she is gone, she's no longer here...

Her birthday is Christmas Eve which makes the Holiday Season even tougher... A few years earlier just after Christmas I lost a dear friend who was more like a brother. We grew up together and Wayne also succumbed to cancer like Mom...

I spend a lot of idle time with my 81 year old Dad...knowing one day we will be parting our ways for good...

On December 7th, 2011 not only did Christmas lose it's appeal to me, but life lost most of it's magic... The sun still shines but just not as bright as it once did...

»In Memory of Mom

Today Dad & I will be visiting her grave site with flowers...

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.

So He put His arms around you and whispered "Come to Me."

With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away.

Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.

Black Box

join:2002-12-21
reply to vue666

Well vue666 See Profile, that's the life. You were lucky to have someone like her in your life. Really lucky. You're hurting now, but I see that you keep enjoying your life. If only you could bring back the Christmas joy and the magic. She wouldn't want you to spend your life in tears, would she?
--
Keep It Safe, Stupid!
Yes, I CanChat. Can You?

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to vue666

try to remember the good times, rather than mourn the loss...i know the time will come eventually when i will lose my mother too (we all will)...keep your stick on the ice.

Expand your moderator at work

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to vue666

Re: One year ago today I lost my Mom

Certain days, like Christmas, I wish I had my Mom. Just remember the good times.

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
reply to vue666

said by vue666:

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.

So He put His arms around you and whispered "Come to Me."

With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away.

Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.

I lost my father 5 years back, he had been diagnosed with Alzheimers about 4 months prior, but was still able to drive, he had a massive heart attack while driving. He passed out, came to, stopped the car and was gone, my mother who was by his side had a heart attack the day after the funeral and ended up needing a triple bypass. I came close to losing both parents in a period of days, i know how you feel. It doesnt get easier but we have our memories. My father loved to drive and i inherited his car, was nothing special but a decent car, i kept it three years as a summer car when it died i replaced it with the same make and model (slightly newer) and when i need to clear my head i take a drive and feel he is right there.

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to vue666

Cancer ravaged her body making it weak & frail yet her mind, spirit and love remained quite strong.

She fully accepted the fact she was going to die when told in spring she only had months to life. She never complained or felt petty for herself. Never wanting to burden anyone she arranged 100% of her funeral services and paid every single dime of the expense despite family protesting....

She is my true hero in life... If I could ever be an quarter of the person she was I would consider myself a success...

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to vue666

Somebody saw me speaking rude to my Mom once and he told me not to do it because "The day she dies you will remember all the rudeness you once said to her".

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

So very true...all the more reason to treat the people you love with respect & caring... Don't sweat over the little stuff... Forgive & forget...

jaberi

join:2010-08-13
reply to vue666

peace to you vue666, we are just beginning that journey.

Tig

join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON
reply to vue666

My condolences Kenny.
There's comfort in the memory of her and the changes in your life prove that a piece of your mother lives on in you.

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

Last year alone I went to 4 funerals, including my Mom's and one month later a 40 year old cousin died suddenly in hospital. She was in for an operation and contacted some "mysterious bug" that ended being her demise...

In the last 4 or 5 years I lost friends I've grown up with to cancer... It seems I now have more friends and relatives on the other side then living....

Last year I struggled with fits of depression and a total lack of energy... It seemed to take a lot energy to even perform the simplest of tasks...

Life sucks...

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

try to remember the good times, rather than mourn the loss...i know the time will come eventually when i will lose my mother too (we all will)...keep your stick on the ice.

Very true

I lost my mother in September suddenly.... I cherish the memories
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by BigSensFan:

said by dirtyjeffer:

Very true

I lost my mother in September suddenly.... I cherish the memories

Mine passed in early October. Healthwise , her time had come and for her sake it was for the better, quality of life wasn't there no more. For her eulogy I wrote a list of memories and someone else read it on my behalf.

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to vue666

BigSensFan & Snafu...Sorry to hear about your losses...my heart goes out to both of you...

pAOLO1

@rogers.com

sorry to hear bout the loss of your mom, IM SURE u missed her

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
reply to vue666

said by vue666:

BigSensFan & Snafu...Sorry to hear about your losses...my heart goes out to both of you...

Thanks vue ... much appreciated...
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16

Thank you vue666, take care

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to vue666

As we get older we realize how precious and precarious life is...

Sometimes the ones we love the most we take for granted... I'm sure a few late night outings when I was a teenager put a few gray hairs on her beautiful head and wrinkles on her pretty face...

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

I once heard...

"God could not be everywhere so he created Mothers"...

I believe this to be true...

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS

On Dec 24h you would have been 80.... Happy Birthday Mom...

Black Box

join:2002-12-21

Happy birthday! Time for a party in her memory!

chabu

join:2002-01-16
reply to vue666

I lost my Dad June 6th and it hurts everyday..
I miss him very much as I loved arguing and debating with him.
The hurt is just unbearable sometimes and I still argue with him, but in front of his photo....

yoyomhz

join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to vue666

vue666

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and healthy happy New Year

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to vue666

Thanks very much...and a Merry Christmas to you all as well...