uniqs
share rss forum feed

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to manuetdeo

Re: fios and xbox

It's still only in real time with no way to pause, rew, FF, or record. Without that it's like wathing TV pre-1984 for me, before I started time shifting my TV watching.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by aaronwt:

It's still only in real time with no way to pause, rew, FF, or record. Without that it's like wathing TV pre-1984 for me, before I started time shifting my TV watching.

What you're suggesting is a full-up DVR-like capability, something you may see someday on an Xbox but probably not on a TV -- unless TVs start including large (hard drive) storage.
Now if the client could run on another device (like a tablet) and use the multi-room DVR capabilities of the STB (versus a direct stream from Verizon), that would be a different story. And is believe that will happen some day, but with the new "media server" product Verizon is developing.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by PJL:

said by aaronwt:

What you're suggesting is a full-up DVR-like capability, something you may see someday on an Xbox but probably not on a TV -- unless TVs start including large (hard drive) storage.
Now if the client could run on another device (like a tablet) and use the multi-room DVR capabilities of the STB (versus a direct stream from Verizon), that would be a different story. And is believe that will happen some day, but with the new "media server" product Verizon is developing.

I just wish instead of running these linear channels, they would have decided to give us access to the FiOS VOD(free and pay). That is something I could at least use. I don't have access to FiOS VOD right now because I refuse to pay $10 a month to rent an HD receiver. Which is the lowest cost way to get access to the VOD. At least that I'm aware of.