Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to donoreo

Re: [Serious] Nurse who transferred prank call commits suicide

The station has a history of inappropriate behaviour with few repercussions.

»www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/de···-station

quote:
Kyle Sandilands, a shock jock on 2Day FM, sparked a huge public backlash following a lie-detector stunt in which a 14-year-old girl revealed she had been raped. Sandilands was dropped as a judge on Australian Idol and blasted by the then prime minister, Kevin Rudd, for his role in the episode.
quote:
Sandilands had previously gained notoriety for drinking breast milk and launching a competition to find Sydney's smallest penis. He said he was disappointed at the decision to drop him from Australian Idol.
quote:
In April this year, Sandilands was also criticised for referring to a Pakistani girl born with additional limbs as "spider baby".
And finally,

quote:
The DJ also provoked fury in November last year, after he launched a verbal attack on a female journalist, Alison Stephenson, who had reported on the low ratings of a TV show he and O'Neil presented.

"Some fat slag on news.com.au has already branded it a disaster," he said. "You can tell by reading the article that she just hates us and has always hated us. What a fat, bitter thing you are. You're deputy editor of an online thing. You've got a nothing job anyway. You're a piece of shit. This low thing, Alison Stephenson, deputy editor of news.com.au online. You're supposed to be impartial, you little troll."

He added: "You're a bullshit artist, girl. You should be fired from your job. Your hair's very '90s. And your blouse. You haven't got that much titty to be having that low cut a blouse. Watch your mouth or I'll hunt you down."

His remarks led sponsors including the car company Holden to withdraw their sponsorship of the show.

--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by DKS:

The station has a history of inappropriate behaviour with few repercussions.

I didn't follow much of this at all, but from the little i heard and saw on cbc it was a prank. Period.

The real culprits ragging on this nurse *after* the *prank* were:
a) the hospital
b) some of the Media
c) Royal family.
d) Royal family followers

It was a prank. Sh*t happens. But from what little I saw the above 4 came down on her.

The station in question didn't come down on her like the above 4. It's the anal 4 above who couldn't stand their hospital being the butt of a prank and the UK media and the royal/royal-watchers.

In effect guess we can say the above 4 bullied her and mocked her to death.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

said by hm :

I didn't follow much of this at all, but from the little i heard and saw on cbc it was a prank. Period.

You made a mistake there by ending with a period as you forgot 'broadcast to the entire world'. This poor woman's caring nature was exploited for the entire world to laugh at her.

It's not even a little bit funny and it would please me if the DJ's involved received enough of a backlash for their horrible behaviour to encourage them to suicide. I heard the 'prank' on the news before this woman's suicide and I thought it was just as classless as I do now.