All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FS08

join:2012-12-07
reply to FS08

Re: Can an ISP Employee Spy on Me at Will?

Thanks to everyone for the information.

To garys_2k: Yes, I do not work for AT&T.

But wouldn't the ISP be able to see your surfing even if you are in a VPN? I know there are some types of encryption steps that you can take to prevent even your ISP from knowing your internet activity. But I think just any VPN will not do.

It seems to me that some people can see my surfing even when I use an encrypted VPN network.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:14

They shouldnt be able to if its 100% encrypted (Even your isp) thats why a VPN is so good....

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to FS08

Re: Can an ISP Employee Spy on Me at Will?

said by FS08:

Thanks to everyone for the information.

To garys_2k: Yes, I do not work for AT&T.

But wouldn't the ISP be able to see your surfing even if you are in a VPN? I know there are some types of encryption steps that you can take to prevent even your ISP from knowing your internet activity. But I think just any VPN will not do.

It seems to me that some people can see my surfing even when I use an encrypted VPN network.

If you use a VPN then the only thing the ISP can see is that some gibberish is going back and forth between your IP and the IP that corresponds to the VPN site. They cannot see the actual contents of that traffic or where you're connected to via the VPN. In other words, they'll know you are communicating via a VPN but won't know to whom you're using the VPN to get to, or what traffic you're creating back and forth to that server.