spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Mac performance with WoW.

Ok, I have a macbook pro. I just want to know if anyone could possibly let me know if I'll be able to get 1080p recording out of it. Here are the specs:
Intel Core i7 2.7ghz Quad core with Turbo boost to 3.6ghz
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3L SDRAM
768GB Flash Storage
Nvidia GeForce GT650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory.

I know the specs are good, but anyone that has experience with recording Gameplay can tell me if there is any major Frame rate drops would be fantastic.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

650M 1GB is good? The crap mac users are fed and told it's gourmet... Sad that thing cost you over $3k.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Specs are good, not fantastic. I by no means am a iSheep. I swear by pc, but when it comes to 3D animation and Motion Graphics, I have to use a mac. Unfortunately its the industry standard.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

2 recommendations

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Specs are merely OK for gaming. Macs aren't designed for gaming. The net "gaming" worth of that laptop is about $1000.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Uh huh...
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Ok, this went off from what I was initially asking. I want to know the performance of this laptop while recording. Not that it is considered "sub-par" to the elitists computer builders. This laptop is included in my tuition since it is required for me to use for everything else. Performance is what I want, not opinions.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Cptbeatstix:

This laptop is included in my tuition since it is required for me to use for everything else. Performance is what I want, not opinions.

Oh good. So that $3,000 laptop, will actually end up costing you $7,000.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Performance is what I want, not opinions.

Actually I believed you asked for opinions.

I assume you are booting into Windows and using something like FRAPS to record? It may limit you to 30 FPS when you do so.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
It should be able to record, I don't think you can pull 1080p on that.

What program are you going to use to record?
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

I have a full version of FRAPS on my pc and record in 720p. It has the option to record in 1080p. I just want to know if the Mac can do it so I don't have to transfer files between computers to edit and what not. And its only 54 grand for the total of tuition. They include CS6 Master Suite which is roughly 3 grand in itself.
Cptbeatstix

Cptbeatstix to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Not to sound like a dick or anything, that post says nothing on opinions. I am not dual booting windows on the Mac. It is purely for school use only and since I have video editing class, that why I asked.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08 to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
I use to record runescape back in the day on a 1280x1024 macbook, 2gb of ram and a small core 2 duo. Im pretty sure your mac will run anything. Im still wondering why would you even ask about this with a laptop with those specs......
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Mainly because I never recorded gameplay with a Mac. I just want to make sure that it would have some frame lag like my pc sometimes does. It's annoying and more work editing, especially when it happens on a clip you actually need.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Cptbeatstix

Mod

to Cptbeatstix
Let's keep the elite master race Windows talk vs Apple out of this.

Just answer his question.

Yes. It will record very nicely.