how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lugnut

@communications.com
reply to Wolfie00

Re: Software on rented PCs can spy on you

BTW, your lack of understanding of how telephone banking works shows exactly how ill informed you people are.

All the account numbers on the faxed statements are 75% blacked out except for the last 4 digits.

The only sensitive numbers that are exchanged are my debit card number and a PIN number which is different from the one used to make a purchase from Interac.

The only access anyone would have to my accounts, should they score this information is the ability to transfer funds between my own accounts or pay off any authorized debtors I've added to the system.

The only way to add a debit account to the system is by speaking with an agent, in a recorded call, using personal information only I and the bank have access to.

So. Do you STILL think internet banking is the bees knees in security by comparison?

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
You mean, they can speak to an agent, in a recorded call, using the personal information that they recorded you giving to the bank when they tapped your phone line?
--
Tom

lugnut

@communications.com
said by TLS2000:

You mean, they can speak to an agent, in a recorded call, using the personal information that they recorded you giving to the bank when they tapped your phone line?

Yes, while the bank ALSO records the call and caller ID leaving an audit trail a mile long