And So It Goes
Premium
join:2001-12-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to louist

Re: Actiontec loses settings and re-enables wireless

My apologies to Verizon. I gave in and went to Verizon Central to get the customer service number so I could call in the Actiontec problem.

Could not find it on their site. Used their on line CHAT expecting to just insist in obtaining a live person to speak to. Instead of a frustrating experience, I got the opposite! After I quickly explained what was wrong with my Actiontec, they IMMEDIATELY responded that they had already dispatched a replacement and I would just need to install it and return the original. No problem, no long drawn out and poorly run script that duplicated the diagnostics I had already run to determine that the Actiontec was done for.

Now waiting for Monday when UPS will deliver the replacement.

Hey Verizon: I apologize for assuming that I would experience a frustrating and difficult customer service experience. This was the exact opposite. Kudos to you!!
--
regards,

Lou

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by louist:

Used their on line CHAT expecting to just insist in obtaining a live person to speak to.

The only consistently good service I've had from Verizon has been via chat, and the lack of long waiting periods is a bonus.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

louist
And So It Goes
Premium
join:2001-12-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to louist
Verizon Tech came to check things out because the replacement router was not connecting properly on the WAN side. Turns out the replacement router had a defect. The Tech was great, professional and frankly did a wonderful job. So great in fact, that I updated our Review of Verizon Fios on this Website.

She replaced the router with the
I" version which is a gigabyte speed LAN ported device. She then restored us to Wan on ethernet which we were originally. Now Internet connections are fast and stable , and our VOD has returned to dependability.

Have to give credit to Verizon for a great customer support experience.
--
regards,

Lou