Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Subaru

Re: Can't get that blasted channel!

It seems that all of those elements are for VHF (longest element for lowest numbered VHF channel and shortest element for highest numbered VHF channel).

While the virtual channel numbers for WCBS and WNBC are 2 and 4 (which would be in the lower VHF band), their actual transmissions are on UHF channels 33 and 28.
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
It's a uhf antenna and the channels are UHF those are the only uhf channels I have a issue with, the 3 others I have no issues with.. I'm almost done with one side of it.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
Subaru,
if you plan on using light fine sand paper to remove any of the rust where the elements and wires are connected, when you re-assemble the antenna, i would look into using silicone to "plug-up" every nook and cranny hole on the outside cover of the antenna before you put it back outside.
you might also want to use some "primer" spray paint and spray the metal contact areas of the elements after you reassemble them to prevent any moisture buildup from rusting them again.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
Ha a step ahead of you almost done with it doing the other side now, not sure why I never did use silicone on it, I guess I must of been thinking I was going to upgrade sooner but then realizing it was going to be harder.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

1 recommendation

ive taken an indoor camera and "plugged it" completely for outdoor use.
it operated well without any issues up until Sandy struck, lol.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
said by IllIlIlllIll:

ive taken an indoor camera and "plugged it" completely for outdoor use.
it operated well without any issues up until Sandy struck, lol.

lol mine worked maybe a week before sandy, but it was amazing Irene and Sandy it never moved sitting on top of the window AC with just the swing out screen holding it from moving.

About to test in about 10 min
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!