join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold to Subaru

MVM

to Subaru

Re: Can't get that blasted channel!

It seems that all of those elements are for VHF (longest element for lowest numbered VHF channel and shortest element for highest numbered VHF channel).

While the virtual channel numbers for WCBS and WNBC are 2 and 4 (which would be in the lower VHF band), their actual transmissions are on UHF channels 33 and 28.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

It's a uhf antenna and the channels are UHF those are the only uhf channels I have a issue with, the 3 others I have no issues with.. I'm almost done with one side of it.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

Subaru,
if you plan on using light fine sand paper to remove any of the rust where the elements and wires are connected, when you re-assemble the antenna, i would look into using silicone to "plug-up" every nook and cranny hole on the outside cover of the antenna before you put it back outside.
you might also want to use some "primer" spray paint and spray the metal contact areas of the elements after you reassemble them to prevent any moisture buildup from rusting them again.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Ha a step ahead of you almost done with it doing the other side now, not sure why I never did use silicone on it, I guess I must of been thinking I was going to upgrade sooner but then realizing it was going to be harder.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

1 recommendation

EliteData

Premium Member

ive taken an indoor camera and "plugged it" completely for outdoor use.
it operated well without any issues up until Sandy struck, lol.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by EliteData:

ive taken an indoor camera and "plugged it" completely for outdoor use.
it operated well without any issues up until Sandy struck, lol.

lol mine worked maybe a week before sandy, but it was amazing Irene and Sandy it never moved sitting on top of the window AC with just the swing out screen holding it from moving.

About to test in about 10 min