No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to IllIlIlllIll

Re: Why is Optimum Holding Back Android App

said by IllIlIlllIll:

The only benefit is saving a small monthly cable box fee but is it worth it to use your device like a cable box?

I don't there is even that savings, from a STB fee, since when you run the app, it attaches to the STB's on the account, just like the laptop app does. So, if you have no STB on your account, it has nothing to key off of.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
said by momcat1:

said by IllIlIlllIll:

The only benefit is saving a small monthly cable box fee but is it worth it to use your device like a cable box?

I don't there is even that savings, from a STB fee, since when you run the app, it attaches to the STB's on the account, just like the laptop app does. So, if you have no STB on your account, it has nothing to key off of.

thats why i dont see the point in CV not releasing the app for devices that have an HDMI output.
Do they really think people will bother trying to copy it ? (it can be done though)
Even if you do copy it via HDMI, the streaming resolution is not going to be 1920x1080, the most is could be is 1280x720, so why even bother ?
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
reply to momcat1

said by momcat1 See Profile

Only as far as it gives me the ability to watch on the TV set in my den without the monthly expense of yet another box (we already rent 3 boxes). Since we went all digital most of the channels that were clear qam are now gone. I don't watch television in here often enough to justify the extra expense. The ability to plug in the tablet on demand, even if the resolution isn't stellar, is an acceptable compromise to me. If I'm correct there's no additional "premium outlet" fee, either.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to momcat1
said by momcat1:

said by IllIlIlllIll:

It doesn't latch to a STB to stream. You will get the same quality stream from the same source on any device using the Optimum App whether you have all HD boxes, all SD boxes, or a mix. The reference to specific boxes is only for remote control/launch/record/etc for various boxes, not any quality. You can view live TV without a box too (CableCard, for example).

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
The app shows I have 4 boxes when I really only have 3. I wonder if the 4th box is in someone else's house and I can change channels, turn it off, etc. He'll think the box is possessed!

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
The 4th one is probably a box you returned in the past that didn't get removed from your account when it was returned. You're not getting charged 4 rental fees, are you?

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by momcat1:

The 4th one is probably a box you returned in the past that didn't get removed from your account when it was returned. You're not getting charged 4 rental fees, are you?

Only charged for 3.