spc
uniqs
Acarney
join:2003-01-27
Richland, WA

Acarney to MTTS

to MTTS

Re: [HSI] Slow speed in Richland, WA??

Yep, horrible here in Richland, WA again. Do you happen to know if this is a new issue tonight, or if Charter has been having a reoccurring problem the last week or two that's been hard to track down? Tonight is by far the worst it's been, but it's manifested in the same way as the three or four night the last two weeks that I've had problems. Things seem fine, no resyncs of the modem or anything, then extreme packet issues, web sites loading half way before a 30 second wait to finish loading, speed tests showing single digit download speeds...

MTTS
@charter.com

MTTS

Anon

No, unfortunately the representative was referencing tonight in general. However he did mention over the last few days they had been receiving calls, as to what happened? That right now is a good question. I'm going to guess that it's the lack of fiber optics in our area, given the city of richland (I'm in pasco) had passed a plan to upgrade the technology grid, I don't know how far it's gone. Charter really doesn't have much support in the area for the large customer base it's built here. I'm hopeful that we'll see a fix with the more notice we bring to it. He mentioned about 400k of it was TV issues, 51K of it was internet calls and the remainder was other issues. So if that gives you any solace, you're not alone haha.
MTTS

MTTS to Acarney

Anon

to Acarney
Packet loss of 30% here, ping of 400+. Not good and I may just look for an alternative. Pricing isn't good, service is crap. Not looking good Charter.

Mapleine
@charter.com

Mapleine

Anon

I rarely have problems with Charter, so I'm not looking to swap, but I hope it's fixed soon.

MTTS
@charter.com

MTTS

Anon

You're lucky then. It isn't all the time, but the service is expensive enough that I find a few days even unacceptable. Think of it this way, assuming you're on the 15/3 at 47.99 you are paying 1.60$ a day for internet. I hate throwing money away.

The bigger issue for me is they are aware of their problems but do little to really fix it. I called and threatened cancellation, most I was able to get is a discount for a month. Not bad I guess but really I'd rather pay 29.99 a month for semi-reliable service. They want to charge premium rates, offer comparable service.
Acarney
join:2003-01-27
Richland, WA

Acarney

I wish they were like Netflix & would offer refunds automatically through email. They know which users are affected by a slow down and EVEN if they don't know if the user is actively using the Internet, it's still downtime or unstable connection. A quick email the net day saying sorry and offer a $5 bill credit or something would be a huge step towards keep customers happy. I have a microcell connected to the connection & even unstable times could really impact me when I'm not even on the computer. I know the level of Internet service isn't the same as a hard line phone, but it would be a good move for charter & might keep them on their toes with upgrades or maintince...
randahl35
join:2012-11-16
West Richland, WA

randahl35

looks like slow speeds again tonight. would be nice to know what's wrong.