share rss forum feed

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:1
reply to ImUpset

Re: [IA] 50/5 Severe Latency Issues - Des Moines

When it comes to apartments, townhomes, condos and so on Mediacom is very limited in what they can do. Most of the time as a tech I can only check the splitter, fittings and replace hardware if needed but that's about it. No rewiring is usually done and even if we do some rewiring it's going to be on the outside of the building and a lot of managers hate that.

Several apartments (that I know of) decided to cut the cables on the outside and created a lot of trouble calls. At least one place is "blacklisted" so its no longer possible to create trouble calls for any address in the complex.

It sucks for you guys since very few managers are willing to invest a lot of money in a full rewire
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11

wow that would make me want to move out.

Apartment

@mchsi.com
reply to Anonymous

Apartment managers however need to understand that the Wiring that was put in in the early 90s is simply not sufficient for the advanced services today required by the Docsis3 three modems and HD TV digital picture, Advanced services etc. Gives me. Food for thought to think about my move to

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:1

said by Apartment :

Apartment managers however need to understand that the Wiring that was put in in the early 90s is simply not sufficient for the advanced services today required by the Docsis3 three modems and HD TV digital picture, Advanced services etc. Gives me. Food for thought to think about my move to

I completely agree but most of the time the only thing they care about is money.

Let me just add that I agree the wiring on the outside looks bad (not matter how much time you spend trying to hide it). After several years the building looks like crap but the problem is most managers assume this is Mediacom's problem. It is not. Just like with your telephone company, our responsibility stops at the main junction (MDU). The internal drop rewires that we do are mostly done to help out the customer and at no charge.

--
I speak for myself, not my employer.