@videotron.ca

Shrug to Ikarasu

Anon

to Ikarasu

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

said by Ikarasu:

said by hfjgjhbk :

said by Trencher:

I wonder if this includes the new Optik 50... since no where on the link does it mention it. If they give me a hard time about it I'll threaten to go to Shaw and call them on breach of contract since I signed up for 500gb/m and not 250.

Except when you signed up, you agreed that your service could change at any time.

Doesnt matter... Call in and say you want to cancel because of this. they will let you. You cant sign away your rights, just like even if you agree to not sue them, you can still sue them. They know this... They put terms in the contract for people who'll fall for it.

Indeed true. If anyone is indeed in a contract they can:
A) cancel w/o any terminations fee's and go else-where
B) Demand Telus honour their contract. And they have to, jusy like Bell had to when they pulled this.

If you are not in a contract, and if you complain to the CCTS and/or CRTC you should be able to stay month-to-month on a "grandfathered plan" just like Bell had to. Would be better if a bunch of you got together and filed as a group. Both the CRTC and the CCTS allows this.

Bell still has unlimited "grandfathered" plans to this day. As can be seen in the Bell forum.

Depends what the individual wants to do. If they have the balls for a fight and so forth.

Maybe one of you can contact cippic.ca about this. They were involved with the Bell fight that saw grandfathered plans honoured. But cippic tends to pick and chose their fights....

Or you can be pu.. whimps... and be walked on and whine in a forum.

*shrug*
Mike_C
join:2007-07-19
Vancouver, BC

Mike_C

said by Shrug :

B) Demand Telus honour their contract. And they have to, jusy like Bell had to when they pulled this.

If you are not in a contract, and if you complain to the CCTS and/or CRTC you should be able to stay month-to-month on a "grandfathered plan" just like Bell had to. Would be better if a bunch of you got together and filed as a group. Both the CRTC and the CCTS allows this.

For your points A and B: Cancel without fees? Honor contract? Most people don't read the TOS for their ISP and just agree when signing up. Telus does not have anything in there that guarantees bandwidth allocations will not change. Just like they don't have anything in there guaranteeing the price will not change.

Internet is not regulated by the CRTC. Any complaints to the CRTC will get no attention unless for speed throttling specifically as their complain page states. Their page also points users with internet complaints other than throttling to where they can file a complaint if their provider refuses to do anything:

»www.ccts-cprst.ca/compla ··· roviders

That website is also the one Telus lists on the page outlining the changes to the bandwidth @ »telus.com/content/home-p ··· ices.jsp

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug

Anon

said by Mike_C:

said by Shrug :

For your points A and B: Cancel without fees? Honor contract? Most people don't read the TOS for their ISP and just agree when signing up. Telus does not have anything in there that guarantees bandwidth allocations will not change. Just like they don't have anything in there guaranteeing the price will not change.

Internet is not regulated by the CRTC. Any complaints to the CRTC will get no attention unless for speed throttling specifically as their complain page states. Their page also points users with internet complaints other than throttling to where they can file a complaint if their provider refuses to do anything:

»www.ccts-cprst.ca/compla ··· roviders

That website is also the one Telus lists on the page outlining the changes to the bandwidth @ »telus.com/content/home-p ··· ices.jsp

Wow someone is arguing with me.

I'll let you do a search for "material change" in service.

Halving B/W *is* a material change in service.

Increasing cost *is* a "material change" in service.

You may want to look up what a "material change" in service is. When we pointed this out to the CRTC, Bell lost.

But hey, feel free to argue that Telus is the almighty authority.

Seems to me this scares you as it's about 700+$ per complaint per individual.

I wonder why this would scare you?

*shrug*

Bauwoo
join:2003-12-07

Bauwoo to Mike_C

to Mike_C
lol let them whine, Mike. Either way they are going to complain about it, claim they have "rights", and pretend they know the legal system.