Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bennor
Premium
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT
reply to AngryDallas

Re: I.P. Address doesn't change on UVerse?

said by AngryDallas:

I want my DSL back!

Why? My AT&T DSL IP address remained the same for many years (more than 6 years) even though I would turn off the DSL Speedstream 4100 modem from time to time.

For those with the AT&T U-verse 2Wire 3600HGV gateway/router, there is the option to Reset IP and Reset Broadband on the router's Settings --> Diagnostics --> Reset administration page.

Frodo

join:2006-05-05
kudos:1
said by bennor:

Why? My AT&T DSL IP address remained the same for many years (more than 6 years) even though I would turn off the DSL Speedstream 4100 modem from time to time.

Not with my service. I got a new IP every time I turned the modem off for more than a few minutes. And I would turn it off each night. I happen to have those IPs logged since I had a service running that would update dyndns.
said by bennor:

For those with the AT&T U-verse 2Wire 3600HGV gateway/router, there is the option to Reset IP and Reset Broadband on the router's Settings --> Diagnostics --> Reset administration page.

I've seen those options. However, they don't seem to issue a DHCP release as part of the reset. Hence, we get the same IP right back after the reset.