EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

[Voip.ms] Fast Busy - Unobtainable

Today I'm noticing that when I call my DID, half the time I'm getting fast busy, with "Unobtainable" displayed on my handset that I'm calling out from.
Montreal server.
Anyone else having problems?
--
~ Project Hope ~

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13

No problems with my DID but it's on a US server.

Nothing on their Issue Tracker.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to EUS

said by EUS:

Montreal server.

Please try switching to losangeles.voip.ms or houston.voip.ms (preferred by PX Eliezer).

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to EUS

If I'm the only one, it could be something on my end, although nothing has changed equipment, or internet-wise in over 2 years.....
--
~ Project Hope ~

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA

LosAngeles dropped my registration. OG working, but not DID.
Did a PBX restart and now works.
EDIT: Actually dslreports was off-line a few minutes ago, too.
Got Gateway Timeout.
Co-incidence?

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06
reply to EUS

Voip.ms has been suffering from a plethora of issues over the last week or so - calls dropping mid call, unresponsive termination, calls not completing,etc, etc. They've been denying it of course, but its been going on - mostly on Chicago, but also Montreal and New York. Haven't noticed issues on Seattle server yet. (I'm currently not using any of the other servers.)

You are definitely not the only one.

dustin1

join:2001-12-20
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to EUS

I am also having issues!

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON
reply to EUS

I also was getting a fast busy signal calling my DID. I am on Montreal server.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2

2 edits
reply to EUS

said by EUS:

If I'm the only one

You're not the only one.

said by PX Eliezer7:

Nothing on their Issue Tracker.

said by lilarry:

Voip.ms has been suffering from a plethora of issues over the last week or so

said by amd64now:

I also was getting a fast busy signal calling my DID. I am on Montreal server.

I tested montreal.voip.ms from Dec 06, 2012 to Dec 10, 2012. [updated date]

I highly recommend against its use at the present time. [corrected typo]

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo

1 recommendation

reply to EUS

I received an e-mail today from someone saying they have been trying to reach me and the phone is always busy. I did a few tests yesterday and it was intermittent.

To correct my first post, I am on montreal2. Submitted a ticket to inquire before I decide to "server hop".

lilarry
Premium
reply to lilarry

I take it back about Seattle. We're having call drop problems there too.

amd64now

Orleans, ON
reply to amd64now

voip.ms got back to me. No issue found. I tried a few calls myself today and did not have the issue. At least voip.ms didn't try to sell me a "wire care" plan like some phone providers!!

lilarry
Premium

said by amd64now:

voip.ms got back to me. No issue found.

Voip.ms folks are a great group of people and usually quite helpful. I know their intentions are good. Sadly though, I find I sometimes have to bend over backwards to prove to them there is an issue before they will admit it - or even bother to look into it on their end - especially when there are intermittent problems like the ones described in this thread.

lazyfox2

join:2004-05-26
Kingston, ON

I'm in Kingston ON on the Montreal server. We had at least a couple of instances Tuesday where incoming calls went directly to voip.ms VM.

Had both sent to my email account - one was funny because it played so SLOWLY.

Something was up yesterday with Montreal.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
reply to EUS

No issues at the houston pop.
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
reply to EUS

I am located in Nepean Ontario and one of my DID's uses montreal2.voip.ms server ..... the only issue I experience with this specific server is the occasional no outgoing ring when making a call.

george23

join:2012-06-06

Montreal being giving me problems too...again this morning.

george23

join:2012-06-06

It is bad this morning does not even go to voicemail. The lines ring once then we loosed the call and then no voicemail. Rings with no answer on calling phone.....

pauleyisle

@verizon.net
reply to EUS

yes same thing for me for months, same problem, changing to their different servers made no difference, they don't seem to care and keep billing anyways, at this point I think their service sucks at least for incoming and they seem to not care at all which is too bad, why they bother to post on here I have no idea, they should be fixing their service so it actually is reliable for incoming, oh well, bye bye voip.ms it was nice knowing you, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who needs incoming to be reasonably reliable

bruce8600

join:2012-12-13

I have been testing a new account over the past 24 hours and am seeing long connect times to ring sometimes (15+ seconds) and occasionally a busy after a long delay. Outbound calls no problem. Opened a ticket and they responded with no problem found. Started testing with another provider and over the past few hours, no problem with inbound calls with the new provider. The VOIP.ms inbound problem is intermittent. I did have a few hours where the calls went through fine.

dustin1

join:2001-12-20
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

reply to EUS

After chatting with support for OVER a week this is the response i got.

Dear Customer,

At this point, i'm out of suggestions and we would like you to join our Live Chat, this way our Live Chat Staff will be able to perform a trace to (((your))) system and check the results and confirm if the cause can be found in this process.

They still think this issue is on my side even after i get busy signals with echo test LOL, I don't mind trying to help track down the problem but when i am told no matter what that it's on my side it's like beating your head against a wall for a week!

I am on the atlanta server now and it's a lot better then the chicago server.

lilarry
Premium

Voip.ms has a bad habit of blaming all problems on the customer. Often times they are correct. But when they are not, you have to bend over backwards to prove to them a problem may be on their side. I guess this would come naturally to any entity offering a highly technical product to the mostly amateur public, but some of us are pros and we often find this habit of their's quite frustrating and extremely time consuming.

And good luck getting someone "live" on their Live Chat system. I find I get through perhaps only 1 out of 10 tries. Don't get me wrong - I believe the Voip.ms folks are good people and well intentioned. They just need to add more staff if Live Chat is to work successfully.

Just my 2 cents.