spc
uniqs
40757180 (banned)
join:2009-11-01

40757180 (banned) to JoelC707

to JoelC707

Re: General info needed about Statute of Limitations

said by JoelC707:

OK then, show me where I said I wasn't planning on paying back my debt. I want "my own words", not some assumption from you about this being about me or you just assuming that because I'm asking I must be guilty.

If SOL passed, you might as well not pay it. That is just my personal opinion and in no way suggest that you personally not going to pay it back.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

said by 40757180:

said by JoelC707:

OK then, show me where I said I wasn't planning on paying back my debt. I want "my own words", not some assumption from you about this being about me or you just assuming that because I'm asking I must be guilty.

If SOL passed, you might as well not pay it. That is just my personal opinion and in no way suggest that you personally not going to pay it back.

This I completely agree with. Unless you an pay it all off in one lump sum and get verified proof the debt is paid, all you will be doing is restarting the clock on the SoL. Not a good thing to do at all. And thank you for not making assumptions.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

said by JoelC707:

said by 40757180:

said by JoelC707:

This I completely agree with. Unless you an pay it all off in one lump sum and get verified proof the debt is paid, all you will be doing is restarting the clock on the SoL. Not a good thing to do at all. And thank you for not making assumptions.

Either way, about you, about your dog, or about the imaginary bigfoot next door, same answers.

You or whoever are better off going for bankruptcy than to dodge them till the statute runs out
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Doesn't bankruptcy last about the same, 7 years or so? Regardless, I agree, bankruptcy does seem like the better course if you have a lot of debt and you have no way of repaying it. At least then the slate is wiped clean and all.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

Last i knew it was 7 years, but its been ages since ive kept up with the what it can and can not write off, etc

It's really the better option if the card company cant work something out (never hurts to ask).
40757180 (banned)
join:2009-11-01

40757180 (banned)

said by tdumaine:

Last i knew it was 7 years, but its been ages since ive kept up with the what it can and can not write off, etc

It's really the better option if the card company cant work something out (never hurts to ask).

it's 10 years and it's much worse compare to negative mark on your credit report which last only 7 years.