B = person living in London (UK), normal cellphone
C = person living in London (UK), normal landline phone
D = person living in Berlin (Germany), using SIP softphone on android
E = person living in Munich (Germany), normal landline phone
F = person living in Rome (Italy), using asterisk (SIP config) on VPS
G = me, main account at voip.ms

10min conversations.

Questions:

(1) B is a subaccount. B has a London DID, forwarding to his normal UK cellphone. A dials B's DID. What is the total cost for me?
Total = (inbound call to B's DID, per min?) + (10min * rate per min to UK mobile)?

(2) C dials B's DID? Total cost for me?

(3) D dials B's DID? Total cost for me?

(4) F is a subaccount. F has a Rome DID. F dials B's DID (Rome DID caller-ID) via his asterisk. Total cost for me?

(5) Using sipbroker.com, E dials sipbroker's local Munich PSTN number, then D's SIP? is this possible?

(6) International DIDs: "unlimited inbound calls"? I don't understand.

(7) voip.ms doesn't have local access numbers. Why. If I'm not mistaken, just 1 number per country (France, Germany, etc.) should be enough, and not that expensive for voip.ms

(8) Only 1 free eNum number per main account at voip.ms. Why. I need 1 eNum number for each subaccount at voip.ms

Thanks.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by Viktor:

International DIDs: "unlimited inbound calls"? I don't understand.

You can receive inbound calls with no per-minute charge.

However, if the calls are forwarded to a cell phone or forwarded to a landline number then there would be an outbound charge for that segment.

said by Viktor:

voip.ms doesn't have local access numbers. Why. If I'm not mistaken, just 1 number per country (France, Germany, etc.) should be enough, and not that expensive for voip.ms

Some companies offer this, some don't....

You may be able to use Sipbroker local access numbers to make inbound calls to Voip.MS

However, the process is more complex with Voip.MS because of their geoflung servers. Reportedly these Sipbroker codes work.

*9780 sip.us1.voip.ms
*9781 sip.us2.voip.ms
*9782 sip.us3.voip.ms

said by Viktor:

Only 1 free eNum number per main account at voip.ms. Why. I need 1 eNum number for each subaccount at voip.ms

Not eNum.

Rather, iNum.

Totally different things.

What a provider chooses to offer, or can offer, is not dependent on your own needs or desires. And providers pay for iNum numbers, they are not free.

--------------------------------------------

Various providers offer free iNum numbers, and/or inbound and outbound Sipbroker access, and/or calling cards with local access numbers in various countries. Some providers have callback numbers too.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3
reply to Viktor
said by Viktor:

(8) Only 1 free eNum number per main account at voip.ms. Why. I need 1 eNum number for each subaccount at voip.ms

Thanks.

Contractual obligations. That's the only way we can give them away for free.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by MartinM:

said by Viktor:

Thanks.

Contractual obligations. That's the only way we can give them away for free.

I wonder how Callcentric appear to be able to give away as many as you want. Different contract I presume.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

cell14

join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to Viktor
As far as the unlimited inbound calling, it is always a good thing to check the small print even some "unlimited " inbound DIDs become limited with extreme use.
Indeed, whenever you forward a call you have to pay whatever charge would apply if that was a new call.You forward your DID to a cellphone you will pay the applicable charge for calling that cell phone.
Some companies offer a great choice of access numbers in one country while only a single number in another country. In many European countries this makes less and less difference because they are increasingly switching to flat rates on domestic calls.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

2 edits
reply to grand total
said by grand total:

I wonder how Callcentric appear to be able to give away as many as you want. Different contract I presume.

Perhaps you can ask them. They don't have subaccounts, I can't personally see why you would want more than one.

Inum is not a very popular option and will probably remain a "niche market" so to be honest, it's not very high on our priority list. When we were offered inum, we tried to be able to give more than one number per account but it was not possible at the time.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
Good points.

I think the large majority of customers would not need more than one iNum number (if that) per account.

To my mind, one of the more useful purposes would be for customers of Voip.MS, CallCentric, Localphone, Voxox, and many others to easily call each other.

And for VoIP numbers to be reached from the POTS world (in a more uniform environment than Sipbroker).

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
reply to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Perhaps you can ask them.

I'm not interested enough in the answer to bother doing that. It wasn't meant as a criticism of VoIP.MS, I'm sorry if it appeared that way.

said by MartinM:

...I can't personally see why you would want more than one.

To be able to ring two ATAs individually of course, just like regular DIDs.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI