This is a sub-selection from 2014?

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC
kudos:1
reply to Acarney

Re: 2014?

Yup. AT&T originally said it would be "largely complete" with its LTE deployment by end of 2013 per: »www.theverge.com/2012/1/5/268476 ··· lte-2013.... Doesn't look like that's happened...

Verizon will complete its LTE deployment by mid-2013, covering its entire existing 3G footprint, 6 months ahead of schedule: »news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575475 ··· id-2013/
--
"We're going to start at one end of (Fallujah), and we're not going to stop until we get to the other. If there's anybody left when that happens, we're going to turn around and we're going to go back and finish it."
Lt. Col. Pete Newell: 1st Inf. US Army

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US

1 edit
said by IPPlanMan:

Yup. AT&T originally said it would be "largely complete" with its LTE deployment by end of 2013 per: »www.theverge.com/2012/1/5/268476 ··· lte-2013.... Doesn't look like that's happened...

I must've missed all of 2013 since T hasn't completed their LTE build yet? Who knows what largely complete means to them anyways.
In all fairness it looks like they are building where the demand for service is high. They can't build everywhere at once.
Edit: My reading comprehension skills are lacking today.
--

Acarney

join:2003-01-27
Richland, WA
reply to IPPlanMan
Well that's sad. I didn't mind AT&T's lagging behind so much when I was thinking that in the end they would only been about 6 months or so behind Big Red in getting a full build out but now they're a full year or more behind them.

gwhall007

join:2001-11-12
Niles, MI
That is a very old article, from when AT&T did not plan to cover their entire HSPA+ footprint with LTE. AT&T's original plan would have only covered major cities by the end of 2013- not much more than they have already deployed up until now. However, with the announcement of Project VIP at the beginning of November, they have seriously changed their plans. They now plan to cover essentially their entire US coverage footprint with LTE by the end of 2014, with HSPA+ to fall back on. Not to mention building thousands of new cell sites in that same time. Good luck competing with that, Verizon!