uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Zupe

Re: Why did you leave GW2? will you return?

So you didn't make it to max level, but had nothing to do at max level? Hmm.

Complaining about how you get all your abilities by level 20 is non sense, when in the same posting you claim to go back to playing WoW. Which is even worse now on offering every class all their abilities at the start of the game, minus a few utility style skills every 15 levels of playing.

Dungeons aren't badly designed. Getting in a group of people that have no clue what the fuck they're doing will make a dungeon feel horrid and badly designed. I've run with mutiple groups in dungeons that were flawless, along with running with bad groups that would make you want to pull your hair out.

WoW is the same way.

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
said by Ghastlyone:

I felt like I had no reason I wanted to reach max level, because there was nothing I wanted to do at that point. I know Anet was aiming for a game that had no "end game" where the entire leveling process was endgame, but to me, it left me not wanting to level because there was nothing to look forward to. This may not apply to everyone, but it was my feeling.

said by Ghastlyone:

Complaining about how you get all your abilities by level 20 is non sense, when in the same posting you claim to go back to playing WoW. Which is even worse now on offering every class all their abilities at the start of the game, minus a few utility style skills every 15 levels of playing.

I can't really comment on this one either way at this point. I had reached level 80 on my rogue when I left WoW, and have picked up with that character, so haven't gone through leveling 1-80 since the changes. In leveling from 80-88 so far, I've gained four skills on my rogue (Redirect, Crimson Tempest, Smoke Bomb, Shadow Blades), three of which I can see being used fairly regularly.

said by Ghastlyone:

Dungeons aren't badly designed. Getting in a group of people that have no clue what the fuck they're doing will make a dungeon feel horrid and badly designed. I've run with mutiple groups in dungeons that were flawless, along with running with bad groups that would make you want to pull your hair out.

WoW is the same way.

I ran through 3 or 4 dungeons in GW2. In all of them, the main feeling I had was that, since there were no dedicated tanks or healers, they made the mobs difficult by giving them tons of health that took forever to whittle down, and/or one shot mechanics, neither of which I thought were fun, and in most mmorpgs the dungeons are the thing I enjoy most. It's possible this may be somewhat related to the groups, or may get better in higher level dungeons, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by Zupe:

I can't really comment on this one either way at this point. I had reached level 80 on my rogue when I left WoW, and have picked up with that character, so haven't gone through leveling 1-80 since the changes. In leveling from 80-88 so far, I've gained four skills on my rogue (Redirect, Crimson Tempest, Smoke Bomb, Shadow Blades), three of which I can see being used fairly regularly.

Leveling from 80-90 in WoW is whole different ball game, then leveling from 1-90.

I can almost gaurentee you, that you would be pulling your hair out with your eyes glazed over in pure boredom if you currently leveled in WoW from 1-90 on a fresh new character. No gear XP boosts either. The same cannot be said with GW2, leveling a much more enjoyable.

One of the complaints from people right now with WoW is the lack of character development while leveling. You get all your abilities up front basically and then a single talent every 15 levels. That's just painful.

said by Zupe:

I ran through 3 or 4 dungeons in GW2. In all of them, the main feeling I had was that, since there were no dedicated tanks or healers, they made the mobs difficult by giving them tons of health that took forever to whittle down, and/or one shot mechanics, neither of which I thought were fun, and in most mmorpgs the dungeons are the thing I enjoy most. It's possible this may be somewhat related to the groups, or may get better in higher level dungeons, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.

I had the same experience also. Running dungeons in GW2 at low level can be painful. That's why I waited to get max level with all my Traits, and better gear before stepping back in them.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
GW2 sux, WoW is awesome. That is all.

Deo85

join:2012-10-19
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

WoW is the same way.

Attacking Zupe is kind of low here man he was simply giving his option. If you don't care about the way you "look" then no end game does not "exists" in GW2 and that is by design which means it may not be the game for you. I also lost a lot of steam playing because quite frankly after all the reading I see no point in getting to max its just one of those things that happens unlike wow were its a tangible goal because new contents "unlocks" it self for you to participate in. GW2 does and will not have and that's just the way the game is designed not bad or good just not for every one. If your going to try and defend this point give it your best shot but the odds are stacked agents you on a lot of fronts even the designers said this was not there goal.

Dungeons on the other hand are different not bad but are a pain to be honest. Cluster fuck zerg rush is not fun to be honest and I am usually the first one in my group of friends to go "Well I'm done with this I don't want to run around like a chicken with my head off trying to CC modes every second hoping we don't break them" Every way you slice it the Dungeons are chaotic and a lot of reaction like play. You spend half your time picking other people up sense there is no formula to the design. Its different but it is daunting and for some ppl not something they enjoy. When there are 3+ mods and I got two dodges I am going to get hit... and its going to hurt a LOT.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
That's how life is bro. There are no tanks and healers in rl!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
They're called soldiers/police officers and doctors.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Deo85
said by Deo85:

said by Ghastlyone:

WoW is the same way.

Attacking Zupe is kind of low here man he was simply giving his option.

If you actually thought that I was attacking Zupe, then you don't know me very well.

I tried reading the rest of your post, but gave up trying to decipher the terrible grammar.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to Deo85
There is some progression at end game in GW2, it's fractals/ascended gear, and exotics. Both of which provide more power.

The other part is skins. Which is optional.

Why do people run dungeons/raids in WoW?
#1 - More powerful gear
#2 - New cool looking gear/sets
#3 - Content/story, adventure and fun
#4 - Team play

GW2 for the most part takes away #1. But provides #2, #3 and #4!

if you want you can run dungeons in GW2 to get exotics via dungeon tokens, which actually support #1 as well!

More powerful gear in GW2(exotics) can be obtained basicaly doing whatever you want. That's why I say GW2 for the most part takes away #1. Dungeon grinding isnt required to become more powerful.

And like I said if you want progression style, then you have fractals.

I've been complaining that dungeons are a cluster F as well, and need better mechanics. The Anet devs responded to my issue before I even complained about it!

Fractals = mechanics, and its lots of fun! and beautiful.

GW2 is a baby game, it will only get better. Just looking at fractal dungeons is awesome.

** Open world events in GW2 may be a zerg (perhaps lowering zone population and spawning more overflows would improve that), they will improve upon it. But getting through dungeons and fractals is not a zerg whatsoever, you have to communicate on how to figure things out! And its not like those other cluster F dungeons we spoke of!

***The bottom line is changing the way you think. And approaching it with an open mind. In the end, when you really wrap your mind around GW2 its just awesome. (getting over the WoW mental block is very hard at first! i had too, and now im glad!)

I remember reading an IGN review, and the reviewer mentioned that GW2 does have A LOT to wrap your mind around. It's 3 months in, and I'm still trying to figure it out. And look, we have the winter events... ffs... now I need to figure that out too!

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

If you actually thought that I was attacking Zupe, then you don't know me very well.

I tried reading the rest of your post, but gave up trying to decipher the terrible grammar.

LOL I just noticed your new avatar. Waddup Big Perrrrm? I mean Big Worrrrrm?

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

said by bionicRod:

said by Ghastlyone:

LOL I just noticed your new avatar. Waddup Big Perrrrm? I mean Big Worrrrrm?

"Florida Evans lookin' muthafucka"