share rss forum feed

brhalltx
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Cypress, TX
reply to onebadmofo

Re: Trying to print to network printers

What's the brand/model of the printer?
Does the printer have a security code/password?
Can you print to any of the HP printers?

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1
HP, Xerox, RICOH. Doesn't really matter about the model. If you add via IP, those printers will print just fine. But when adding from the list, it just will not print.

A little info though about the RICOH printer... When trying to print to it after adding it via IP, the print sends successfully from the Mac, but the printer starts printing nothing but blank pages until the tray is empty. And will continue to print blank pages once the paper tray is filled.
Now on that one though, I do think the model name is key. Since it doesn't happen with standalone printers. It seems to be only RICOH Aficio MP C2800 and C3001.

(Just so you all know, I want to be able to add from the list so that when an end user wants to add a printer, they can simply do it on their own and not have to depend on us to do it for them.)
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.

brhalltx
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Cypress, TX
Try adding them as a Windows printer, not IP or Bonjour. (Click on "Windows" rather than "Default" or "IP."

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1
said by brhalltx:

Try adding them as a Windows printer, not IP or Bonjour. (Click on "Windows" rather than "Default" or "IP."

I tried that but, nothing appeared in the window. If I remember correctly, everything was shaded out making them un-selectable.
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.