exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

HP enterprise support

Anybody have any number for HP enterprise support other than 1-800-334-5144?

We had an R/T3000 high-voltage UPS fail in our datacenter and I'm now on HP support rep #7 (Sophia, Raj, Nick, Sophia [again], Michal, Sam, and Sam #2 [different Sam]).

Apparently spending ~$1,500.00 on an HP UPS gets you no support contact.
exocet_cm

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Sweet. Sam #2, who works with HP Servers and networking, took ownership of my issue and spent 29.26 minutes trying to locate my device serial number after which he was successful and will have a new unit sent to me by start of business tomorrow morning.

Garbage that it took so long to get some help.

Edit: 1.800.633.3600 for enterprise UPS systems/HP contract support services. Sam #2 said that, in the event that I get caught up in the help desk system, say "HP Proliant server running Microsoft Server 2008 R2" and it'll get to his group of tech support agents that support servers and UPS'.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

There was a time when HP was my first choice for servers and business gear, based on quality product and excellent support. But they have declined so far in past couple years that I won't even consider purchasing from them.

I am glad you eventually got things worked out. But the run-around you were put through seems pretty typical of HP these days.

PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
I have never had an issue with HP support. We have 4 hour response time support and if you provide your information correctly (SN, part #, etc) you get your issues resolved in no time.

We had a failed disk tray and after spending 15min on the phone, providing the contract numbers, part # and SN; we had our replacement unit within 3 hours.

Impressive, considering the hardware is from 2005 and has been discontinued for a long time.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

That sounds expensive.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
Appears to be a re-badged Eaton. Next time go straight to Eaton.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to Mike

to Mike
said by Mike:

That sounds expensive.

Not in the grand scheme of things. We've had similar service from Dell; one instance in particular involved a warranty-replacement riser card for a PE2900 or 2950. It arrived while we were still onsite, so it couldn't have been more than a few hours between us calling Dell and us receiving the part.

PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Well, when your company relies on these hardware to be up 24/7/365 $12K per year per 2 servers is well worth the money.

dmas1er
join:2006-10-11
Peterborough, ON

dmas1er

We also have had A+ service from HP so far ( blades / storage / networking ).

Service contracts are worth their weight in gold - "when" - you have to use them.

imanon
@comcast.net

imanon to exocet_cm

Anon

to exocet_cm
HP is by far the best, I always get right through when I know my shortcut, say "Proliant running Microsoft" and have your S/N documented in a spreadsheet (helps when the thing is hours away)

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Seems to be mixed results with HP. Maybe I'm just on the shit end of the stick.

By the way, I'm still having issues with HP. They escalated the HP UPS shipment to a private courier on Thursday and listed the courier in the case notes. The UPS never arrived however Thursday night. Attempts to contact the courier Friday morning, both made by me and on a conference call with HP, were unsuccessful. The HP rep said that they have never had this problem before.

Me thinks the courier lost the package or decided to enjoy their very own HP UPS.

After speaking to HP again Saturday and today, another UPS was shipped out this morning via United Parcel Service, overnight.

Pain in the rear.
exocet_cm

exocet_cm

Premium Member

UPS in hand. Finally.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
Lesson to be learned here? Buy your power from a power company, and your server's from a server company...

PowerWare/Eaton, APC, or MGE are my first suggestions. I hate Mits, mostly for there support policies...
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu

said by LazMan:

Lesson to be learned here? Buy your power from a power company, and your server's from a server company...

PowerWare/Eaton, APC, or MGE are my first suggestions. I hate Mits, mostly for there support policies...

The HP unit in question appears to be a re-badged Eaton, for what its worth.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

said by mikefxu:

said by LazMan:

It is. I pulled the battery pack from the dead UPS and they are all Eaton batteries.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to mikefxu

Premium Member

to mikefxu
said by mikefxu:

said by LazMan:

True - but if the OP'd called Eaton for support on an Eaton UPS, (hopefully) wouldn't have taken 7 transfers through 5 different people to get to who he actually needed to speak with...

That's more the aspect I was referring to, rather then the quality of the actual product (which will just be a re-badged 'something else' about 99.5% of the time)