Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

DOCSIS 3.0 & Optimum Store for 15/2 OOL?

Has CV started to give out DOCSIS 3.0 modems to all subscribers at the optimum stores for regular OOL customers. I know when I got my current one for speed issues the Tech said they weren't supposed to give them out unless there were major issues (and there were for sure).

Can I swap my Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 for another perhaps an Arris? Or will they still only give them to Boost or higher? Is there even an advantage for a non boost user to have one of the Arris modems compared to the Motorola, I know the main difference is that I think the unit I have can only bond 4 channels where as the Arris can do more?

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:2

My local one will swap for any customer. Benefit as you said is 4 vs 8 channels possible.

DocCIS30

@optonline.net

said by frdrizzt:

My local one will swap for any customer. Benefit as you said is 4 vs 8 channels possible.

What about the number of UPstream channels?

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

Cablevision does not do upstream channel bonding as of yet.

I did not bother to swap my Motorola for the Arris. I'm getting good speeds with the Motorola, and I have a backup battery for that modem. If I switch to the Arris, I'll have to buy a new battery.

aztr0

join:2007-10-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to andrewc2

No speed difference. I've had the Motorola D3 modem and it was switched to an Arris when the Motorola stopped working. Both modems test at 21/2 for me.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

Thanks for the replies, I figured there wouldn't be a big difference for the standard plan, how about regular boost? Does the extra 4 channels provide additional speed? Or is it still not noticeable?

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

said by andrewc2:

Thanks for the replies, I figured there wouldn't be a big difference for the standard plan, how about regular boost? Does the extra 4 channels provide additional speed? Or is it still not noticeable?

I get full Boost+ speeds (50/8) with the Motorola. No problems.

aztr0

join:2007-10-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to andrewc2

My best result with the Arris out of a couple tests.

»speedtest.net/result/2358747113.png