spc
uniqs
Insilin1i
join:2010-07-15
Toronto, ON

Insilin1i to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: Upgrading phone -- Rogers is nuts

I always do the hardware upgrades with Rogers because in the end you're going to be paying the same price monthly with or without the subsidized phone. Also when your 3 years ends you can always unlock the phone through Rogers.

Stewy6
Premium Member
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON

Stewy6

Premium Member

said by Insilin1i:

Also when your 3 years ends you can always unlock the phone through Rogers.

For $50

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Stewy6:

said by Insilin1i:

Also when your 3 years ends you can always unlock the phone through Rogers.

For $50

Yeah, what a ripoff, and especially in the case of an iPhone it requires no part on their action except sending the unlock request to Apple's servers so you can restore your phone thru iTunes and it unlocks that way.
Insilin1i
join:2010-07-15
Toronto, ON

Insilin1i

It actually ends up being the same price as a regular unlocked iPhone since they offer you a $50 hardware upgrade credit at the beginning, well when you submit for it online.

Well it makes sense for some I guess, for me it was that they would only give me $20 in credits every month if I signed for 3 years. So I might as well get a phone since I'll pay the same price every month with it or without it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Insilin1i

Premium Member

to Insilin1i
said by Insilin1i:

I always do the hardware upgrades with Rogers because in the end you're going to be paying the same price monthly with or without the subsidized phone. Also when your 3 years ends you can always unlock the phone through Rogers.

But you are stuck for 3yrs, with an unlocked/no contract deal, you can jump at the first good deal that comes along.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elwoodblues:

said by Insilin1i:

But you are stuck for 3yrs, with an unlocked/no contract deal, you can jump at the first good deal that comes along.

There is some merit to that point. The big 3 doesn't often come up with good deals and if they do, they are subsequently copied by everyone else anyways.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

you dont know how many ppl are dying to pay the early upgrade fee, ie more money, to upgrade to a phone sooner. people dont think they just pay pay pay

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to Insilin1i

to Insilin1i
said by Insilin1i:

Yeah good luck, I paid these bastards a $450 early contract termination fee for my iPhone 4 and they refused to give me the unlock code for it, telling me that they "never" unlock phones for anybody even after they finish their contract.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Yea, and Rogers is nailing some poor bugger BIG TIME on Kijiji selling a pair of Tablets 'cause he's had enough of their shit too..........
said by ANOTHER ROGERS VICTIM :

Selling for only $350. Price is firm because I have a $500 penalty to pay for canceling my plan with them. Also an option to take over plan at $25 a month for 33 months which is cost of the data and then the tablet is free.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

Yeah good luck, I paid these bastards a $450 early contract termination fee for my iPhone 4 and they refused to give me the unlock code for it, telling me that they "never" unlock phones for anybody even after they finish their contract.

Yup, even though they have new policies and all of your claims have been called into question with no response from you, keep telling people that they're screwed because the picked Rogers.

New policies have you paying the subsidy off, exactly like Wind.

They will now unlock phones for you. That's a new policy as of today.

Let's not let the truth get in the way of your ranting though.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

said by TLS2000:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

Yup, even though they have new policies and all of your claims have been called into question with no response from you, keep telling people that they're screwed because the picked Rogers.

So if I bring my Iphone 4 right at this moment they will unlock it for me because they refused to do it 8 months ago? If they won't do it then don't talk lies here because I'm sure they won't.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

To help further enhance the customer experience, Rogers is also changing its cellphone unlocking policy this March so that customers can unlock their wireless phones as early as 90 days after activating their devices on the Rogers network.

»www.prnewswire.com/news- ··· 41.html?
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

said by TLS2000:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

So if I bring my Iphone 4 right at this moment they will unlock it for me because they refused to do it 8 months ago? If they won't do it then don't talk lies here because I'm sure they won't.

You still need an active account for them to process an unlocking request.