share rss forum feed

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to KeepOnRockin

Re: [iPhone] Woman tasered after trying to buy too many iPhones

Its obvious she was buying them to send back to China to sell on the black market...

Still no excuse for the tasering.

fonzbear2000
Premium
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
said by HiVolt:

Its obvious she was buying them to send back to China to sell on the black market...

Still no excuse for the tasering.

Once she has purchased the phones, she has any right to do whatever she wants with them. If I want to go and buy 50 unlocked iPhones, I should be able too! Why should Apple care what I do with them after I buy them? Because she's Chinese, they think she's going to sell them on the black market? That's complete racial discrimination! I hope she sues Apple big time!
--
»A pretty good alernative to bit torrent and newsgroups

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by fonzbear2000:

Once she has purchased the phones, she has any right to do whatever she wants with them. If I want to go and buy 50 unlocked iPhones, I should be able too! Why should Apple care what I do with them after I buy them? Because she's Chinese, they think she's going to sell them on the black market? That's complete racial discrimination! I hope she sues Apple big time!

You can't send them to countries with an economic sanctions, such as Iran, Cuba, etc...

And it's not racism, its realism, especially if you dont know how huge the black market is in China for Apple stuff. And Apple only officially released the iPhone5 in China this past week, and you have to be picked in a lottery in order to get one...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

4 edits
reply to fonzbear2000
said by fonzbear2000:

...That's complete racial discrimination! I hope she sues Apple big time!

I find it offensive that people throw the "race card" at every opportunity.
That was a completely unsubstantiated allegation. It's one thing for political opportunists to throw the card, it's part of their playbook, it's another to toss it in here.
Racial bigotry doesn't appear to be the case here (although we do not have all the facts).
What support do you have for this? Did officer or employees hurl racial epithets?
It doesn't matter if it's Apple, Tiffanys or Taco Bell, if a customer is acting unruly and store personnel ask the person to leave... if they refuse, escalate the situation and create a public nuisance, store can and should call law enforcement.
I seriously doubt the employee called the police and said "hey, I have a _____ (fill in the blank) woman here...she refuses to leave ... bring a SWAT team and let's have some fun!"
Leave the sleazy race card out of this discussion.

fonzbear2000
Premium
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by fonzbear2000:

You can't send them to countries with an economic sanctions, such as Iran, Cuba, etc...

And it's not racism, its realism, especially if you dont know how huge the black market is in China for Apple stuff. And Apple only officially released the iPhone5 in China this past week, and you have to be picked in a lottery in order to get one...

Sure you can't, but why should Apple care what she does with them AFTER she has bought them?

It's racism. Because she's Chinese, Apple automatically assumes she's going to send them to China which makes Apple racist.
--
»A pretty good alernative to bit torrent and newsgroups

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by fonzbear2000:

It's racism. Because she's Chinese, Apple automatically assumes she's going to send them to China which makes Apple racist.

(two can play that game)...It's racism, because she's Chinese you automatically assumed she was denied and ultimately arrested based on her race (not her activities).

Is it possible she was unruly, disruptive and a public nuisance?

I'm okay if this post gets hey modded and removed