share rss forum feed

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

[Vista] KB2761494

WU from 12/11...Windows Driver Framework v1.11 - KB2761494...4x downloaded it...4x 'update was not configured correctly. Reverting changes'.
I have done the 'hide update' for the moment.
Do I really need this? If I do need it...how/what do I do to get it 'configured' correctly?
Total time on 12/11=50 minutes for 1st attempt on all downloads...then, another total time=3hrs+ for the other 3x to get this KB configured.
I really need help on this.
--
Lonnie

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

2 edits

Hmm, here's some info here, but there doesn't seem to be a "magic bullet" fix. This article applies to Vista 64 bit systems (and others), and is a known issue apparently.

»support.microsoft.com/kb/949358#method3

Here's more info, a forum (from 2009). Same issue, different updates. Various things people tried, some worked, some didn't. A lot of people ended up with the computer rebooting and throwing out the same message, a loop. However, you don't seem to have *that* part of the problem, so maybe one of these suggestions (or from the above link) will work for you.

»social.technet.microsoft.com/For···66a31bfb

LadyL
Premium
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Installed Mr.Fixit...it did it's thing stating that everything was fixed...well, then, I unhid KB2761494, downloaded it,it installed...would you believe???? damn thing again. Error Code 80073AA2 which doesn't tell me anything at all...did the google on that error...sends me to the same links you gave me.
Then, I read the second link you gave me...I refuse to do a re-install of my Vista !
I'm giving up on this Update...
Thanks for your help...it is appreciated.
--
Lonnie

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to LadyL

The only other thing I can think of (maybe someone else will jump in) is to download it manually and try to install it that way. Here is a link on how to do that (which includes a link to the Windows Update Catalog). You have to use IE to access the Catalog.

»support.microsoft.com/kb/323166

Someone else (current) with the same problem, but no effective response yet:

»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···7184df80

LadyL
Premium
Lorain, OH

Thanks, but too complicated for me (Catalog).
Like I said...just not going to get a headache because of this stuff...I've got more important things to do than get upset/frustrated with a stupid WU.
--
Lonnie

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY

I understand. Figured I'd mention the catalog in case you were feeling feisty.

LadyL
Premium
Lorain, OH

1 recommendation

I'm feisty all the time, but when it comes to doing stuff like that...I'm just a little timid.
--
Lonnie