Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: The 5.0.4 / MoP / Druid

said by Krisnatharok:

Wow, that sucks for your neighborhood tree. Right now I am seeing nothing but resto shammies and disc priests in LFR.

Shamans are just awesome.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Disc priests are just awesome*.

Arch got buried under 4 priests in ToES last night, 3 of which were disc. I think he managed to beat one once, but the monk nerfs were overly severe, considering his skill and ilevel.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

Still early to say the monk nerf was overly severe. They are still top healers... what might need to be addressed is the CD on Spirit Shell. We'll see. The monk lead was ridiculous before the patch. Druids need some love.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA

Monks still are able to get their healing numbers high, but they are very restricted on how to play right now without having severe mana issues. Since the last round of nerfs ours has kept up on total healing done but is always far below the others on mana. Their AoE healing is pretty rough right now too.

Druids healers really do need some love though. Disc is absurd right now and we're enjoying the luxury until it get's "balanced" (nerfed to hell, as Blizzard has no fine tuning experience).
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [2/6] HoF

djlar

join:2009-04-23

IDK what to do with my chicken, I'm bottom deeps at single target and top deeps at bosses with adds (which are very little right now)..

still 470 though.. just enough to make the HoF and ToEs LFRs..

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA

I'll run through a few tips to see if any of these can help ya!

1. Use a potion of the jade serpent JUST before the pull so that you can you two per boss.
2. Make sure you always start one wrath away from lunar eclipse. Here's your beginning of fight cast sequence:

1. Starfall
2. Wrath 1x -> Enter Lunar Eclipse
3. Incarnation, Nature's Vigil
4. Moonfire, Sunfire
5. Starfire* until Starfall ends, then Starfall
6. Starfire* until Lunar Eclipse Ends at 0 Energy
7. Celestial Alignment
8. Moonfire (will apply both dots)
9. Starfire* until all buff ends and you reach Solar Eclipse (use Starfall #3 when #2 ends)
10. Normal rotation
*Starsurge WHENEVER available

3. Whenever you hit an eclipse, re-cast the eclipsed dot only. Wait to refresh the other until it ends. This avoids clipping a stronger dot applied during a previous eclipse.
4. Make sure you use Incarnation/Nature's Vigil every 3 minutes, but try to hit lunar eclipse first since it's better single target damage.
5. Save 2nd Potion of the Jade Serpent for heroism.
6. If you have to move, spam spam spam moonfire and/or sunfire. If in an eclipse, use the eclipse'd one. There's a stacking buff on spamming that up to 3x that increases damage on moonfire/sunfire.
7. Be sure to keep both dots up on multi-targets whenever there are bosses with 2-3 mobs.
8. If you get a starsurge proc and are 1 cast from on eclipse, it may be beneficial to save it. Otherwise, use ASAP. Exceptions do apply of course when it may be worthwhile to just use it to get into the eclipse.
9. If your dots end early (before reaching the next eclipse) you have to decide whether to re-apply or wait for eclipse. If its 3-5 seconds it may be best to wait to re-apply the next eclipse's dot and just do the other. If more than this, it'll be best to re-apply both dots right away.

I'll add more if they come to mind! Hope this isn't too wall-of-text'y and that some of it helps you!
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [2/6] HoF