Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gambothell

join:2006-02-26
Bothell, WA
reply to gambothell

Re: [Rant] UPS delivery will not ring the doorbell - Update

I wanted to post what happened next. I printed out a 8x11 PowerPoint note and taped it just above the doorbell. The title was: "USP Delivery". I politely asked for the driver to use the doorbell. My wife still was not sure they would use the doorbell, so she parked herself in front of the surveillance monitor during the time they said they would try to deliver again.

Well, he did show up, but as normal lightly knocked on the door. I also saw this on my computer tied into the security system so I ran upstairs to the door. I immediately asked him if he could read English. He said yes and I then asked him why he had not pressed the doorbell (which is lighted). He said that we was just thinking about that. Yea, right - he was kneeling using his scanner on the wine package. I went into why I wanted the doorbell used, especially since I had to sign for the wine. I also restated that in our neighborhood packages have been stolen off the porches and with his using the doorbell, this would minimize that problem. He finally confessed that they do not use the doorbell because too many housewife's complain that the doorbell wakes up children. OMG. I tried to explain that if a package requires a signature there is no way a light knock will get the home owner's attention. I might as well have been talking to a mushroom. What ever happened to common sense?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by gambothell:

What ever happened to common sense?

It died a few years ago.
--
»Death Star Petition

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to gambothell

The driver is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Maybe he'll remember you in the future and use the doorbell. (If he's your regular driver. There are a lot of substitutes this time of year.)

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to gambothell

said by gambothell:

I might as well have been talking to a mushroom. What ever happened to common sense?

Perhaps he smoked it on his route.

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T Yahoo
·Callcentric
reply to gambothell

said by gambothell:

I immediately asked him if he could read English.

I don't think your service is going to get any better any time soon.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to gambothell

said by gambothell:

He finally confessed that they do not use the doorbell because too many housewife's complain that the doorbell wakes up children.

Sounds like a policy decision made by someone above his rank and pay grade.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Grumpy

said by Grumpy:

said by gambothell:

I immediately asked him if he could read English.

I don't think your service is going to get any better any time soon.

Easily fixed...
Just post a sign at the front window:
"I love Teamsters"